Manchester City - Bentley May Follow Hughes
UK time is: 14:10:03
Vital Login
Social Login

Choose your club

Other Sites

Network Navigation

Vital Partners

'If It's Football, It's Vital'

Bentley May Follow Hughes

With Blackburn Rovers on the verge of losing Mark Hughes the 100 million dollar question is, 'will David Bentley follow?'

Rovers have given Manchester City permission to talk to their illustrious manager following the demise of Sven-Goran Eriksson however, would midfielder David Bentley follow 'Sparky' to Manchester City.

Speculation surrounding the future of Rovers and potentially David Beckham's England midfield replacement has been on the cards for months. The 23 year-old Bentley, a former Arsenal youth prodigy is known to be unsettled at Ewood Park with Tottenham Hotspur leading the chase to sign the free kick and corner specialist.

Bentley is a known admirer of the former Manchester United icon and know doubt must be considering his options whilst flying back from the Caribbean.

Rover's fans must be sat on the edge of their seat waiting for the inevitable!



Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!

The journalist

Writer: Tudor Mail feedback, articles or suggestions

Date:Monday June 2 2008

Time: 5:30PM

Your Comments (oldest first)

Change to most recent first
Very mischievious Tudor!
Ghost of 76
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 17:46:00

Who, me, eh, nah (lol)
Tudor
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 17:48:00

oi, haaaands off bentley, if you have hughes you cant have bentley too, that just would not be fair!
whitey_82003
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 17:54:00

Fairness doesn't come into it whitey. It's the power of money and success which plays the part of fairness. Oh Happy days, unless you support Blackburn Rovers!
Tudor
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 17:59:00

I understand that Bentley wants away from Blackburn anyway, with the rumour that Spurs was his destination, however he was on arsenals books and that would not be well received. We have the Europeon place albeit by the back door. First we need is for Hughes to want to come here before Chelsea start making overtures.
Buzz Lightyear
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 18:07:00

You lot are deluded if you honestly think you have a chance on landing hughes! 2 reasons. 1. he is a red, he wants to boss united one day and if he goes to you lot and fails, which to be fair, with shinawatra, he would be a mini slump away from the sack and then would never manage United having failed with the blue side of the city and 2. he is doing this to force chelsea to commit one way or the other. If chelsea appoint Mancini or Scolari, hughes will turn down city IMO. If I am wrong, then you have an awesome manager and good luck, but I wont believe it unless i see the ink dry on the contract myself!
BomBom
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 20:53:00

Tudor, u say happy days unless your a rovers fan, and your probbly correct, but being honest, I think hughes is using this to say to chelsea "im available, come and get me" so id say theres about a 30% chance hes going to city, 30% he will stay with Blackburn, and 40% Chelsea, providing chelsea do actually want him. But for whilst Rovers fans are a bit down, we are still loyal, and dont support manure =)
rover23
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 21:16:00

Q: Can we also take Cruz please ?! A: Has anyone told you a Blackburn make a liquidate. :)
city 81
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 21:35:00

with signings like luka modric in the bag, and dos santos on the way from barcelona, surely its spurs over city! add lennon to the deal and it looks even more likely!
lillywhites101
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 21:43:00

if sparky does leave (dont get excited ya clowns, i meant for chelsea, not you lot) then I fully expect Bentley to leave, probably to the team that offers the best deal, be that money or cash plus players. As for Cruz, hes just had a career season, first season at Rovers, he aint going anywhere IMO. would be surprised if we do cash in on him
BomBom
Report Abuse
02/06/2008 23:13:00

In my opinion you can keep Hughes and the overrated Bently who is not fit to lace Beckham's shoe laces.
alphieblues
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 00:23:00

It may well be that Hughes is trying to force the hand of Chelski, but he certainly is not there preferred choice, according to reports, they are still trying to negotiate a deal for Ancelotti with drogba as bait. Abramovic does not like a no for an answer and my feeling is that if he wants a guy then he will get him. Chelsea and United are becoming bitter rivals and if Hughes does want the United job when in a few years it becomes vacant I cannot see Chelski releasing him to go there.
Buzz Lightyear
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 06:05:00

City 81 cruz is not the player for City, what we want is the guy that crosses the ball for cruz to score. We have loads of good strikers what we need is someone to supply the balls into the box.
Buzz Lightyear
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 06:07:00

The other fact about hughes is, that like Svennis, he is not our first choice either, but one way or the other it will be sorted sooner than later.
Buzz Lightyear
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 06:10:00

Yes, Buzz, That what we was needed in last season.
city 81
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 06:30:00

city 81..I had a text yesterday from my nephew in Kuwait he said "Sven gone interviewing Hughes what's that all about" I replied to him and said don't worry Zico is one of the favourites to take over. My nephew is married to a Turkish girl, he said Oh no !!! she is a fanatical Fenerbache fan. This whole episode is putting the family in turmoil LOL !!!
alphieblues
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 08:12:00

With the rumours now flying again, re Hughes and chelsea, I don't see the point in interviewing him, unless Chelsea declare no interest.
Buzz Lightyear
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 08:36:00

haha alphie, What you do in your frind :) But his wife must know we had give them anilka before in cheapest prices & Now is the time for reciprocity :)
city 81
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 11:36:00

Agreed city 81
alphieblues
Report Abuse
03/06/2008 12:38:00

I am sure you may get linked with half Blackburns squad now you have Hughes.
dazza71
Report Abuse
04/06/2008 19:36:00

Only those who are any good dazza71. In short that just leaves Bentley (lol)
Tudor
Report Abuse
04/06/2008 22:22:00

15m.
storagematt
Report Abuse
05/06/2008 16:33:00

i think bentley is a great midfielder and would fit right in with man city
dunne deal
Report Abuse
06/06/2008 11:33:00

 

Have Your Say

Log in...
with your social network     OR     with your Vital account

Recent Manchester City Articles

City Come Unstuck Against Stuttgart (Saturday August 1 2015)

Dzeko Fee Now Agreed (Saturday August 1 2015)

Two More Out For Experience (Saturday August 1 2015)

Jovetic Makes Inter Milan Switch (Friday July 31 2015)

Bony To Get Stuttgart Run Out (Friday July 31 2015)

Three Fixtures Selected For TV (Friday July 31 2015)

Unal Heads Out On Loan (Friday July 31 2015)

Stones Me - A New Link (Thursday July 30 2015)

Fofana Heads To France (Wednesday July 29 2015)

EDS Lads Did Their Bit! (Wednesday July 29 2015)

Archived Manchester City Articles

List All VMC Articles
Have your say
Click here to suggest an article
Click here to suggest a poll
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites

Vital Members League (view all)

1. Skoorb 22
2. Buzz Lightyear 22
3. Johnny Baguette 21
4. citizhun 15
5. CITYBOY1000 14
6. johnkelv 9
7. Bluedub 8
8. Brutto 7
9. fifthcolumnblue 7
10. Tudor 4

League Results (view all)

Latest Results

League Table (view table)

Team P W D L GD Pts
6. Everton 0 0 0 0 0 0
7. Leicester City 0 0 0 0 0 0
8. Liverpool 0 0 0 0 0 0
9. Man City 0 0 0 0 0 0
10. Man Utd 0 0 0 0 0 0
11. Newcastle 0 0 0 0 0 0
12. Norwich 0 0 0 0 0 0

Manchester City Fixtures (view all)

Breaking League News

Norwich Sink to New Commercial Depths
Norwich : 03/08/2015 11:03:00
Stones to play big part in Everton future
Everton : 03/08/2015 11:00:01
West Ham 1 Werder Bremen 2
West Ham : 03/08/2015 10:50:01
Valencia`s Big Day
West Ham : 03/08/2015 10:37:00
Rooney pleased with Everton return
Everton : 03/08/2015 10:00:00

Current Site Poll (view all polls)

Which of these if signed alone is enough for the coming season?
Suggested By:  Saved Millz
Paul Pogba 44%
De Bruyne 22%
Sterling 10%
Delph 4%
Bellarabi 2%
Wilshere 2%
Promote EDS Stars 16%