Writer: Johnny Baguette
Date:Thursday September 11 2008
1. Here we are three games into a new Premier League season. Chelsea to conquer all before them on all fronts?
It's all about confidence! Got to admit it's taken a knock after hearing that Michael Essien has suffered a bad knee injury. Prior to hearing that news I'd have suggested we'd have had a good chance. However, after selling Wright-Phillips, Makelele and Sidwell our midfield could be our Achilles heel, especially if Ballack and Lampard continue to pick up minor knocks that disrupt the team. I guess we'll have to get the cheque book out in January, however, we're not going to announce who we're chasing as you might gazump us. Nevertheless, with our squad I'd expect us to win something this year, hopefully the Champions League seeing as we came so close last year.
2. This might be a touchy subject based on recent events, but how do you rate Chelsea's transfer dealings this summer?
We've done okay. Despite the bluster from the tabloids suggesting we were going to launch a £200 million spending spree, it was never going to happen. Our squad, last season, almost took us to new heights so major changes were not needed. We signed a right-back (our problem area last season) and added an influential midfielder in the shape of Deco. Okay, so we would have liked Robinho but you don't always get what you want do you? As for sales, those on the fringes of the first team had to go to trim down an excessively large squad. Depending on our progress between now and January, it'll certainly be interesting to see what happens when the transfer window re-opens!
3. Next stop Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
It`s got to be relax with a beer! What you`ve got to remember is that lot just down the road from us, Queens Park Rangers were belting out similar bravado last season when they thought they were the richest club in the land. Not oden much with the cash have they? It takes more than cash to mould a successful team, you`ll see.
4. Who of Manchester City's (currently) relatively small squad would you love to see in a Chelsea shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
I`d like to see Micah Richards, he`s definitely one for the future and would give added depth to our defence as well as a couple of other positions. As for sending someone in the other direction, we already have - Tal Ben Haim!
5. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely....
Measure #1 - I`d re-introduce 15:00 hour kick-offs on a Saturday. Balls to all this moving fixtures to suit the armchair fan! The grounds, in most cases, are full anyway so they can`t claim that it would affect attendances.
Measure #2 - I`d bring back sections of terracing that`s the reason the atmosphere has dropped; nothing else.
Measure #3 - Let`s get serious about reduced ticket prices for children, we`re talking about the next generation of supporters, without them the game will die!
6. Many City fans are worried that under Arabian ownership, should we become a footballing superpower, the production line of the MCFC Academy and its home-grown talent could grind to a halt. Are you also concerned that our national (UK and Eire) sides futures will continue to suffer in the long term in these days of mega million pound transfer deals for foreign players?
To be honest I gave up with international football years ago, it`s fast become the poor mans Champions League! Sorry!
7. Go on then. Saturday's result?
I`ll go for a Chelsea win (naturally), it`ll be tight, possibly 2-1
Many thanks and respect going out to Gary and the Vital Chelsea team.
JB's Chelsea Interview: "Talking To The Really Rich"
Date:Thursday September 11 2008
Man City v West Ham - Team Line-Ups (Sunday April 19 2015)
City v West Ham - Team News (Saturday April 18 2015)
Milner & Hart Ahead Of West Ham (Friday April 17 2015)
Pellegrini - We Have To Stay Together (Friday April 17 2015)
The Manchester City Injury Table... (Friday April 17 2015)
Kompany Out For The Season? Updated 17/4/15 (Wednesday April 15 2015)
Manager And Players Out The Door! (Wednesday April 15 2015)
Audio - City In The News (Tuesday April 14 2015)
The Ped Report.... Stretford 4-2 City (Monday April 13 2015)
Hart - We Let Ourselves Down (Monday April 13 2015)
|Man Utd||4||-||2||Man City|
|Crystal Palace||2||-||1||Man City|
|Man City||2||-||0||Leicester City|
|3. Man Utd||33||19||8||6||28||65|
|4. Man City||32||18||7||7||31||61|
|Szczesny & Santi On Reading Win
» Arsenal : 19/04/2015 15:00:01
|Wenger Credits Reading
» Arsenal : 19/04/2015 14:42:00
|Liverpool: FA Cup Semi-Final Team News
» Liverpool : 19/04/2015 14:17:00
|FA Cup Semi - Villa v Liverpool - Teams
» Aston Villa : 19/04/2015 14:08:01
|A Sterling Question?
» Chelsea : 19/04/2015 13:13:00