Writer: Johnny Baguette
Date:Thursday September 11 2008
1. Here we are three games into a new Premier League season. Chelsea to conquer all before them on all fronts?
It's all about confidence! Got to admit it's taken a knock after hearing that Michael Essien has suffered a bad knee injury. Prior to hearing that news I'd have suggested we'd have had a good chance. However, after selling Wright-Phillips, Makelele and Sidwell our midfield could be our Achilles heel, especially if Ballack and Lampard continue to pick up minor knocks that disrupt the team. I guess we'll have to get the cheque book out in January, however, we're not going to announce who we're chasing as you might gazump us. Nevertheless, with our squad I'd expect us to win something this year, hopefully the Champions League seeing as we came so close last year.
2. This might be a touchy subject based on recent events, but how do you rate Chelsea's transfer dealings this summer?
We've done okay. Despite the bluster from the tabloids suggesting we were going to launch a £200 million spending spree, it was never going to happen. Our squad, last season, almost took us to new heights so major changes were not needed. We signed a right-back (our problem area last season) and added an influential midfielder in the shape of Deco. Okay, so we would have liked Robinho but you don't always get what you want do you? As for sales, those on the fringes of the first team had to go to trim down an excessively large squad. Depending on our progress between now and January, it'll certainly be interesting to see what happens when the transfer window re-opens!
3. Next stop Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
It`s got to be relax with a beer! What you`ve got to remember is that lot just down the road from us, Queens Park Rangers were belting out similar bravado last season when they thought they were the richest club in the land. Not oden much with the cash have they? It takes more than cash to mould a successful team, you`ll see.
4. Who of Manchester City's (currently) relatively small squad would you love to see in a Chelsea shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
I`d like to see Micah Richards, he`s definitely one for the future and would give added depth to our defence as well as a couple of other positions. As for sending someone in the other direction, we already have - Tal Ben Haim!
5. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely....
Measure #1 - I`d re-introduce 15:00 hour kick-offs on a Saturday. Balls to all this moving fixtures to suit the armchair fan! The grounds, in most cases, are full anyway so they can`t claim that it would affect attendances.
Measure #2 - I`d bring back sections of terracing that`s the reason the atmosphere has dropped; nothing else.
Measure #3 - Let`s get serious about reduced ticket prices for children, we`re talking about the next generation of supporters, without them the game will die!
6. Many City fans are worried that under Arabian ownership, should we become a footballing superpower, the production line of the MCFC Academy and its home-grown talent could grind to a halt. Are you also concerned that our national (UK and Eire) sides futures will continue to suffer in the long term in these days of mega million pound transfer deals for foreign players?
To be honest I gave up with international football years ago, it`s fast become the poor mans Champions League! Sorry!
7. Go on then. Saturday's result?
I`ll go for a Chelsea win (naturally), it`ll be tight, possibly 2-1
Many thanks and respect going out to Gary and the Vital Chelsea team.
JB's Chelsea Interview: "Talking To The Really Rich"
Date:Thursday September 11 2008
The Ped Report FC Bayern 2-3 City (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Will Arsenal Still Top The League In January? (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Stats: Bayern Munich v Manchester City (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Die Roten versus The Citizens (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Video: Man City Prepare For Bayern Munich (Tuesday December 10 2013)
City Start FA Cup Campaign At Blackburn (Sunday December 8 2013)
The Ped Report Southampton 1-1 City (Sunday December 8 2013)
Stats: Southampton v Manchester City (Saturday December 7 2013)
The Saints versus The Citizens (Friday December 6 2013)
Fine Tuning The City Juggernaut (Friday December 6 2013)
|5.||Colin Is The King||160|
|4. Man City||15||9||2||4||26||29|
|Walters suspended for Hull clash
» Stoke : 11/12/2013 21:51:00
|Two Games Moved For The TV Cameras
» Crystal Palace : 11/12/2013 20:19:00
|The Ped Report FC Bayern 2-3 City
» Man City : 11/12/2013 19:30:00
|FA Cup Third Round Tie Set
» Aston Villa : 11/12/2013 19:16:00
|Allam makes FA application to change club name
» Hull City : 11/12/2013 18:59:00
» Hull City : 11/12/2013 18:44:00
|Liverpool: Gerrard Back Sooner Than Expected?
» Liverpool : 11/12/2013 18:38:00