Writer: Johnny Baguette
Date:Friday September 26 2008
1. So, five games into a new Premier League season and outside that thumping of Hull City, Wigan look to have been grinding out results and battling out tough encounters. Where do you see this season going for the Latics?
It would appear that we are heading for the wonderful position of mid table mediocrity this season, I think we will give a couple of sides a drubbing as proved in the Hull game, but we will also draw a lot of games, maybe we are the new Aston Villa, it would be nice to think so.
2. Is it true that Steve Bruce has been struggling to fill the Wigan bench in recent games?
We were hit with a suspension, a long term injury and then Michael Browns wife goes into labour and suddenly we have to put two goalkeepers on the bench! Our squad isn`t big enough for a Premier League side, we have 21 players on the books but three of them have been sent out on loan, we just might struggle once we get into winter and the injuries and suspensions mount up, could see Bruce making a come back.
3. How did you rate Wigan's transfer dealings this past summer?
Cattermole and Kapo were good signings but the capture of Amr Zaki was a master stroke, the guy is awesome, all the hype for once is true and this fellow is the real deal.
4. Here come Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
Sorry guys but you are City and we always do you, ever since the Shaun Goater handball in the play-offs all those years ago its been payback for us and have we enjoyed it.
5. Who of Manchester City's squad would you love to see in a Wigan shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
Michael Johnson for me, young, English and very talented definitely one for the future and would love him in our midfield, in part ex you can have Henri Camara, sulky and crap.
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely....
1 Clubs fined/docked points for fielding under strength teams in ANY of the major domestic competitions.
2 Video refereeing brought in on contentious decisions.
3 Free pies at Wigan.
7. Go on then. Sunday's result?
A very exciting 2-2 draw.
Many thanks and respect going out to Worbo and the Vital Wigan team
Date:Friday September 26 2008
Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion (Saturday April 19 2014)
FAWSL Highlights: Liverpool 1-0 Man City (Saturday April 19 2014)
The Ped Report City 2-2 Sunderland (Thursday April 17 2014)
Stats: Manchester City v Sunderland (Wednesday April 16 2014)
The Citizens versus The Black Cats (Wednesday April 16 2014)
The Ped Report Liverpool 3-2 City (Sunday April 13 2014)
Stats: Liverpool v Manchester City (Sunday April 13 2014)
The Reds versus The Citizens (Saturday April 12 2014)
Interview With A Scouser - The Opposition View (Friday April 11 2014)
City Summer Transfer Planning Well Advanced Again (Thursday April 10 2014)
|Man Utd||0||-||3||Man City|
|3. Man City||33||22||5||6||+54||71|
|7. Man Utd||33||17||6||10||+18||57|
|Liverpool: Lawro Predicts Norwich Result
» Liverpool : 19/04/2014 08:49:00
|Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion
» Man City : 19/04/2014 08:38:00
|FAWSL Highlights: Liverpool 1-0 Man City
» Man City : 19/04/2014 08:04:00
|Adams Gives Injury Update
» Norwich : 19/04/2014 07:00:00
|Ole Looking For Back To Back Victories
» Cardiff : 18/04/2014 22:35:00
|Gunnarsson Has Full Support amp; Trust
» Cardiff : 18/04/2014 22:22:00
|Do Villa Need Another Point To Be Safe?
» Aston Villa : 18/04/2014 21:19:00