Magnificent Seven Pre Match Interview: Liverpool
1. So, 6 games into a new Premier League season and Liverpool are sitting joint top with Chelski. Time for a a twofold question. Can you maintain this position, and if so, are you concerned right now that the team have only realised 7 league goals so far?
Can we maintain this postition? Yes we can. Will we? I don't know. Arsenal, Chelski and ManYooooooo are all superb teams and it's obviously gonna be tough to stay in the top two. If we're there around January/February time, number 19 might just be on its way!
I'm not really concerned about us only scoring 7 league goals so far. Torres and Keane haven't quite clicked but they are getting there and when they do, I'm sure we'll score plenty of goals.
2. Do you think this season will see a 'business as usual' campaign for 'The Big Four?'
I think it will. If one team may drop out, it'll be Arsenal. Despite your new-found wealth and the money Aston Villa spent, the squads of the Big 4 are far too strong. But, if your sugar-daddy manages to convince some more world-class players to join your club, you never know.
3. How did you rate Liverpool's transfer dealings this past summer?
I think we made some pretty good deals. I'll start with the biggest one. Robbie Keane is a proven Premier League goalscorer. We payed £20 million for him and maybe he's not worth that much, but if he scores goals, I won't complain. We signed a Brazilian goalkeeper named Diego Cavalieri. He probably stands little chance of getting past Pepe Reina but he looks a decent back-up. Rafa also signed Philip Degen, a right-back, on a free transfer. We haven't seen much of him so far as he's been struggling with injuries. I hope Harry Kewell cleaned the physio's room before he left! An Italian left-back, Andrea Dossena, also joined and he doesn't look too convincing just yet but I'm sure if he's given time, he'll get better and better. Now, Albert Riera. I think you might be familiar with him. He definitely looks like a better player than he was when he was with you. He's exactly what we need. An out and out winger.
4. Next stop Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
That would depend on which Robinho turns up! The world-class one or the one who turned up against Wigan!
5. Who of Manchester City's relatively young squad would you love to see in a Liverpool shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
I would LOVE to have Micah Richards at Liverpool, as a right-back. The guy is going to be an absolute superstar. He's got everything you need in a solid and attacking defender. You can have Andriy Voronin who is currently on loan in Germany. You can have him for free as well. In fact, I'll even give you a lollipop and a chocolate button if you take him off our hands!
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely....
The first thing would definitely be to introduce video replays for goal-line decisions. It would improve the game massively and make it a lot fairer.
The second thing would be to ban all people who regularly cheat (I'm talking to you, Mr Ronaldo!) for 10 games and fine them £1 million. That would stop the idiots.
My final idea would be to install microphones on referees, like they do in rugby. The fans would be able to hear why a ref has made a decision and it would make us a lot happier and the refs might not get as much stick.
7. Go on then. Sunday's result?
It's a tough one to predict. But I'm going to go for 2-0 to Liverpool. Torres to score the first early on and then a late goal from Keanoooooooo!
Many thanks and respect going out to Aamir and the Vital Liverpool team.
When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.