Writer: Andy Leggott
Date:Monday March 13 2006
1) So, you outplayed us in the original game but still only managed a draw. I got the feeling that if Andrew Cole had played he'd have had a field day?
We should have been 3 or 4 up by the break but you got the feeling it was one of those days. Cole would have put away at least one of the chances .... but what about Vassell? Two at Eastlands but misses a sitter at your place. Man to watch tomorrow without a doubt.
2) So to follow that up, is Andrew Cole fit and due to play on Tuesday night? No offence but I hope not!
Cole is out for another three weeks so your OK on that front. Samaras did score two in his last Eastlands outing though, so we do have other threats at home.
3) Did you see anything from the Villa side to cause you worry for the re-play?
Not at all. The last couple of seasons have generally seen good results against Villa. I think we've scored nine goals in your three visits to Eastlands and we're unbeaten in seven against you.
4) A poor result for City at the weekend, how will that impact the team?
Hopefully not a great deal. To be fair we are a different side at home. I believe Villa had their opportunity at Villa Park. Our home form is very good at the moment despite regular away defeats, six straight wins I think.
5) Can you realistically see either City or Villa making the finals this year?
Neither team could ask for more in the 1/4 final draw .... a home tie. I think if Liverpool and Chelsea can be avoided in the semis the door is open for all the other sides.
6) How much trouble are your fans having being made to sit down all the time and are you part of the 'stand up sit down' protests due to take place on Tuesday night?
It has become a nightmare in the South Stand this season. The stewards have been physically manhandling supporters for the heinous crime of standing all season. The club wipes its hands of it and blames Manchester City Council's licensing authority, the same authority that condones standing at pop concerts in the same stadium. The 'stand up sit down' protests will hopefully spread around the country as it is an issue affecting all football fans. I urge Villa's travelling support to join in and show the authorities that the criminalisation of football fans for standing is unjust and unworkable.
7) What do you think the result will be on Tuesday night?
Easy .... a City win. After watching your poor finishing at Blackburn I believe we will progress. 2-1 City.
8) If you are short of songs, give us an Ellis Out chorus! ;-))
I think you need to organise like our 'back in the days' Swales out protests.
9) Are you getting worried with the constant Stuart Pearce for England press reports?
Psycho isn't ready for the job yet. However I feel that the FA listen to the public far more than they really should. If City were to win the FA Cup under Pearce (ok I know it isn't realistic) the clamour from the public would become enormous. It isn't a worry just yet ..... but it would be typical city to lose our best manager for a long time because of long awaited success.
Date:Monday March 13 2006
Stats: Manchester City v Sunderland (Wednesday April 16 2014)
The Citizens versus The Black Cats (Wednesday April 16 2014)
The Ped Report Liverpool 3-2 City (Sunday April 13 2014)
Stats: Liverpool v Manchester City (Sunday April 13 2014)
The Reds versus The Citizens (Saturday April 12 2014)
Interview With A Scouser - The Opposition View (Friday April 11 2014)
City Summer Transfer Planning Well Advanced Again (Thursday April 10 2014)
Number 13 - Lucky For Some! (Thursday April 10 2014)
The Ped Report City 4-1 Southampton (Saturday April 5 2014)
Stats: Manchester City v Southampton (Saturday April 5 2014)
|Man Utd||0||-||3||Man City|
|3. Man City||33||22||5||6||+54||71|
|7. Man Utd||33||17||6||10||+18||57|
|Everton hand advantage back to Arsenal
» Everton : 17/04/2014 09:00:00
» Everton : 17/04/2014 08:44:00
|Pardew Defence League
» Newcastle : 17/04/2014 08:41:00
|More Courtois Mischief?
» Chelsea : 17/04/2014 07:44:00
|Liverpool: Sturridge In Fitness Race
» Liverpool : 17/04/2014 07:44:00
|Drogba on the Move!
» Chelsea : 17/04/2014 07:42:00
|Twist and Shake
» Chelsea : 17/04/2014 07:19:00