Magnificent Seven Pre Match Interview: Stoke City
Google language translator
1. 8 games into a new Premier League season and Stoke sit in the relegation zone, albeit following some narrow defeats and tough fixtures. You are only 3 points behind MCFC. Do you think you can get up that table by Christmas?
That's the aim, but we all know it's a big ask, but one thing is sure you can't write us off and we won't be doing a 'Derby'.
2. How did you rate Stoke's transfer dealings this past summer in preparation for what has been a big step up?
We aimed high but this didn't quite come off and missed out on some ambitious targets. Dave Kitson still has to prove himself up front, but Ab Faye from Newcastle was a great buy and it's good to get Danny Higgingbotham back from Sunderland. Last minute August signing, Tom Soares had a very good home debut on Saturday and he looks useful.
3. Manchester City have some 'form' with Tony Pulis going back to his Gillingham days when City fought back from the brink of oblivion. Do you think he will have Stoke that little bit more fired up for the trip to MiddleEastlands?
As TP seems to have form with so many clubs, Man City won't make any difference to him.
4. Next stop Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
Just make that two beers. Stoke will have another large following going up to Manchester, but whether we win, lose or draw we'll enjoy the day.
5. Who of Manchester City's relatively young squad would you love to see in a Stoke City shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
Surely there's only one player - Robinho, but you'd need our whole squad in part-ex and some cash as well!!
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely...
Sorry, can't think of any ideas which we'll all agree to - such is democracy.
7. Go on then. Sunday's result?
On the fence with a 1-1 draw.
Many thanks and respect going out to Chris and the Vital Stoke team.
When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.