Magnificent Seven Pre Match Interview: Spurs
Google language translator
The change in the mood is incredible, clearly the results have helped, but the players look 100% improved and the credit must go to Harry. As for form we are still not quite there, but the shape of the team and the cohesion which we lacked under Ramos is getting there, the boys were excellent against Zagreb last night..
2. How did you rate Spurs' transfer dealings last summer and what moves are you expecting Harry Redknapp to make in January? Oh yes, and how's Charlie Corluka doing?
I thought they were quite good as far as incomings, but the loss of Keane and Berba was devastating and I think beyond our control. I hope Harry doesn't go mad this window and looks at one or two max as the team need stability not more mass change.
Oh yes and Charlie.. I like the cut of his jib, he looks good in possession, but needs a settled role (possibly CB) so far he has played RB, CB & LB, give him a role and allow him and others to gel.
3. What's your take on the whole Juande Ramos reign and the sudden arrival of 'Arry?
I was excited at Ramos coming, though he wasn't my No1 pick, a certain Mark Hughes was.. but for whatever reason it was clear things weren't working out, the players looked confused and devoid of confidence. Harry was a shock, but he has performed a miracle in his first week or so, but we still have a long way to go.
4. Next stop Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
On your current form I have already got the beer cooling nicely, I was really surprised at your recent form, but if you click you are capable of giving a football lesson, I only hope the result isn't the same for Harry as it was for him on the 28th of September. A 6 goal battering would not go down well...
5. Who of City's relatively young squad would you love to see in a Spurs shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
That young Brazilian, Rob something looks quite good - did he cost much??? The easy answer would be Robinho, but for me I am a big fan of Michael Johnson and I think you miss him when he isn't playing. A nice swap for Didier Zokora would work well..
The trillions of pounds now at City worries me that all the great work and brilliant prospects you have will be lost to you and the club will lose its soul. The pressure on Mark Hughes will be massive and I feel that unless he gets at least UEFA cup football he will be sacked for a BIG name manager, perhaps someone like Sven would fit the bill...
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely...
A tough one and at a time when I have been drinking (it is 11.45 pm)..
1) Look at introducing basic technology, such as goal-line cameras and retrospective decisions on fouls etc. I don't want to take the human aspect from the game, but with so much at stake looking at measures which can enhance the game without losing the flow should be brought in..
2) Work harder on the respect issues, for example enforce the fact that only captains and offenders can address the referee, players will clearly need to let off steam and show passion, but their actions do affect the whole of football right down to kids on a Saturday morning.
3) I would love to see a limit on transfers, perhaps a limit on the numbers of players brought in during a season, with the idea that clubs were forced to develop from their own academy, ultimately the biggest clubs will still get the best kids, but it has the potential of balancing the big boys and the well run smaller teams like ourselves for at least a short time.
7. Go on then. Sunday's result?
2-0 City, if you have read my recent predictions you will know why...
Many thanks and respect going out to OxfordSpur and the Vital Spurs team.
VITAL MC INFO:
- When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast and there`s more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community.