1. A third of the season is already over, and The Arsenal sit in fourth place in the Premier League and fourth place in 'The Big Four' - How's it all going?
Dreadful one minute, great the next. We're only a third of the way into the season and it's already been a rollercoaster. We're just so inconsistent at the minute that it isn't even funny. If Wenger doesn't find a good run of results from somewhere we could be in real danger. Hopefully the boss has his eye on a player or two for the new year and we can put some points on the board.
2. How do you rate Arsenal's transfer signings from this past summer and do you expect to strengthen the squad in January?
Samir Nasri has slotted in seamlessly, he just looks like an Arsenal player and like he's been here for ever. Silvestre was a surprise signing, and after a shaky start he seems to be playing very well. Carlos Vela, whilst not technically being a new signing as we signed him 3 years ago but it's his first playing season, has me more excited than any other. He's not a massive player but has surprising strength, he can protect the ball really well, has awesome speed, and that left foot .... wow.
I do think Wenger will (needs to) bring some players in the transfer window. Will they be big names? I doubt it. But Arsene's knack for finding a rough diamond is second to none.
3. I watched the second half of 'Young Arsenal's' scintillating dismissal of Wigan in the League Cup. A very impressive performance. Do you expect many of these lads to break through into the senior side the way so many of City's Academy lads have done?
I think almost all of them will go on to have good careers in football, but sadly not all with Arsenal. Wilshere, Ramsey, Djourou, Bendtner, Gibbs, Simpson & Fabianski all have great futures at the club in my opinion. Wilshere especially. It's quite eerie to see a 16 year old boy with such presence on the pitch and I think Jack will go on to be one of the biggest names in football. I realise that's quite some pressure to be heaping on his young shoulders, but he is THAT good.
4. Next stop Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
Fear with a beer I believe. The form of both teams is patchy at best. We could end up with a 4-4 game with scintillating football, or we could end up 4-4 with a shed load of mistakes. I've stopped going into games thinking we'll pick three points up now, because I'm ultimately disappointed.
5. Who of Manchester City's own young squad would you love to see in an Arsenal shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
Robinho of course. If it hadn't been for those pesky kids over at Real Madrid he would have been in red and white for a few years now.
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely...
Ooooohhhh, good question.
First of all I would try to win favour with every fan in football and kick Joey Barton's arse back to the streets of Liverpool and force him to pay back every penny he has earned in his career. The guy is scum and shouldn't be allowed the privilege that so many young players would give their right arm to have.
Secondly I would introduce a salary cap like they have in Rugby League. There is no set amount that any single player can earn, but if you have a £30 million salary pot and you pay Fabregas £29.9 Million a year, then the rest of them would have to share £100,000. Of course I would have to use my super powers to implement this in football all over the world.
Lastly I would send all the officials on an improvement program. I can honestly say the officiating in this country has gone to the dogs, no matter which game you watch you are guaranteed to see a catalogue of horrendous mistakes. It really is beyond a joke.
7. Go on then. Saturday's result?
16-0 to Man City (A reverse jinx)
Many thanks and respect going out to Paul and the Vital Arsenal team.
VITAL MC INFO:
- When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast and there's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community.