Magnificent Seven Pre Match Interview: West Brom
Google language translator
'This season has been no different to the other Premier League seasons we have faced. One of struggle. I think Tony Mowbray has underestimated the league in general but overestimated how good the top teams are. He has effectively talked us out of trying to beat the big four.'
2. How have you rated The Baggies summer signings ahead of the big step up and do you expect to strengthen the squad next month?
'The signings have been a very mixed bag. Olsson has probably been the pick for me at the heart of the defence. Valero, our record signing has disappointed but I think that is more of the way he has been utilised rather than the player himself.
'The fact we did not sign a goal scorer in the Summer has been our major downfall. We are likely to go for loans only in January.
'I expect Oscar Trejo from Mallorca to join on loan with a view to a permanent move if we stay up. We are also out to sign a defensive midfielder but where we get one that is good enough on loan I don't know.'
3. To be brutally honest, could Hull, Stoke and West Brom pull off something of a miracle in all remaining in the top flight at the end of this season? - What is Hull's secret?
'All three teams could survive this season but West Brom's task is the hardest. Hull's secret - they have had some luck but overall they have been very well organised and played without fear. Geovanni's goals have helped, sorry to rub that one in!
4. Here come Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
'I never approach games with fear and Man City have always been very kind to us.'
5. Who of Manchester City's squad would you love to see in a WBA shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
'You might expect me to say Robinho but in all honesty Danny Sturridge looks like he is going to be one hell of a player in a year or two so I would go for him. In return you can have Pele!'
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely...
'Clubs should not be allowed to go into debt, there should be a salary/spending cap, diving/cheating should be punishable with a straight red card.'
7. Go on then. Sunday's result?
'Head says a loss but I will go for 2-1 to the Baggies.'
VITAL MC INFO:
- When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast and there's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community.
Login to post a comment
Best of Euro Vital
AC Milan - Genoa v AC Milan - Team Sheets
Inter Milan - Three-Match Medel Ban Upheld
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Eggington Stops Gavin in Eight Rounds
Vital Boxing - Khalid Yafai Granted WBA title shot!
Vital F1 - F1 introduces the Verstappen rule
Recent Manchester City Articles
UBTECH Robots Make Their Debut At The Etihad Stadium
23th October 2016 The Etihad Stadium saw a new addition to pitch side support for Manchester City on Sunday as UBTECH Robot, Alpha1 performed for fans and cheered on...
City's League Cup Ball Number Known (26/10/16)
With the fourth round ties now almost done and dusted, clubs have been allocated ball numbers for the League Cup quarter final round draw later this evening.
Will Angus Gunn Feature In Tonight's Manchester Derby?
It has been well documented that Pep Guardiola loves to bring through up and coming talented youngsters and so will Pep gamble on featuring 20-year-old, son of retired...
Premier League: Next Manager Sacked Post Betting Odds
Did you know, Jose Mourinho is 20/1 to lose his job at Manchester United while Manchester City's Pep Guardiola is 80/1 to be shown the Etihad door?
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Manchester City Fixtures (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|5.||Colin Is The King||162|