Magnificent Seven Pre Match Interview: West Brom
Google language translator
'This season has been no different to the other Premier League seasons we have faced. One of struggle. I think Tony Mowbray has underestimated the league in general but overestimated how good the top teams are. He has effectively talked us out of trying to beat the big four.'
2. How have you rated The Baggies summer signings ahead of the big step up and do you expect to strengthen the squad next month?
'The signings have been a very mixed bag. Olsson has probably been the pick for me at the heart of the defence. Valero, our record signing has disappointed but I think that is more of the way he has been utilised rather than the player himself.
'The fact we did not sign a goal scorer in the Summer has been our major downfall. We are likely to go for loans only in January.
'I expect Oscar Trejo from Mallorca to join on loan with a view to a permanent move if we stay up. We are also out to sign a defensive midfielder but where we get one that is good enough on loan I don't know.'
3. To be brutally honest, could Hull, Stoke and West Brom pull off something of a miracle in all remaining in the top flight at the end of this season? - What is Hull's secret?
'All three teams could survive this season but West Brom's task is the hardest. Hull's secret - they have had some luck but overall they have been very well organised and played without fear. Geovanni's goals have helped, sorry to rub that one in!
4. Here come Manchester City. Smell the fear or relax with a beer?
'I never approach games with fear and Man City have always been very kind to us.'
5. Who of Manchester City's squad would you love to see in a WBA shirt and who would you like to send us in a part ex?
'You might expect me to say Robinho but in all honesty Danny Sturridge looks like he is going to be one hell of a player in a year or two so I would go for him. In return you can have Pele!'
6. YOU are the new Premier League Chief Executive. You have been granted three measures / ideas which will go unopposed by all 20 clubs to improve the top flight game in England. Choose them wisely...
'Clubs should not be allowed to go into debt, there should be a salary/spending cap, diving/cheating should be punishable with a straight red card.'
7. Go on then. Sunday's result?
'Head says a loss but I will go for 2-1 to the Baggies.'
VITAL MC INFO:
- When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast and there's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.
Best of Euro Vital
Juve - Hernanes & Zaza On Carpi
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Hughie Fury Wins After Cut Stops Fight
Vital Boxing - DeGale Makes Successful Defence of IBF Title
Vital F1 - Ecclestone fires warning shot to teams
Login to post a comment
Recent Manchester City Articles
Video:One Game Away From Destiny - Manchester City
City travel to the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid on the back of another dreadful serving of disjointed, disheartening and frankly shameful...
Who Will City Face In 2016/17 (3/5/16)
With less than a handful of games remaining in the 2015/16 campaign, some promotions and relegations in the football pyramid are already known.
Real Madrid v Man City Live Streams & TV Coverage
Manchester City travel to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium to take on the mighty Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final second leg tomorrow night. Where will you be watching?
A Vital Challenge - Ben Nevis To Face The Fear
Vitalfootball.co.uk co-owner Jonathan Fear is pushing himself to the limit in order to raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis.
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Manchester City Fixtures (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|1.||Colin Is The King||49|