FA Cup Mag Seven Fans Q&A: Here Come Forest!
Google language translator
First up, take a slap for calling us 'Notts.' That's a no, no and won't go down well with the locals. Anyhoots, it's a while since we last met and how things have changed for us both. We've spent the last three years languishing and fighting to get out of League 1, which as I'm sure you're only too aware, is a horrible place to watch football. By the time we play each other at the weekend, we will probably have a new man at the helm, but at this moment in time, we're still playing 'hunt the manager.' That win over Norwich took us out of the relegation zone for the first time since September and as you can imagine, we're suffering from vertigo as we look down at the rest from 4th bottom in the table.
2. Who would you like to see replace the recently sacked Colin Calderwood?
It's the only topic of conversation at the moment, as you can guess and opinion on who it should be is wide and varied. For me it would be Brian Laws at the Wendies. A former player, who gets his teams playing proper football and isn't afraid to give them a slap.
3. Do you have any particular memories of fixtures with City?
I remember Psycho's first game back here as a player, when he was with you guys. I always thought Goater was a bit of a donkey, but he ripped us to bits that night. 1-1 it finished. Best memory of games between us was an FA Cup tie back in t' day (1974 according to Soccerbase). We won 4-1 and from what I remember, it was the first game ever to be played on a Sunday.
4. City have shown that it is possible to become an established Premier League side 10 years after playing in the third tier of English football but it has been a far from easy ride. Can great clubs like Forest and Leeds also re-establish themselves in the top flight again?
It's far from impossible to get there, but it is getting harder to stay. Forest are a million miles away from achieving that at present, but it is the stated aim of the club to get Prem status. You wouldn't expect them to say anything else, but it's a long way off. As for making a sustained challenge for titles when we get there.......I'll be a long time dead before that happens.
5. 'The City Three Step challenge:' What comes into your head when you think of Manchester City? Give us first the image you see, second the feeling you get and third the word that sums us up...
A car on bricks. The same feeling you get when playing an Oasis track....you always wish you'd picked a Beatles one. Money.
6. 'Six Plus Five:' FIFA President Sepp Blatter is continuing his campaign to impose a maximum quota of five overseas players on every English team. Do you agree or disagree with his proposal?
Good old Sepp, eh. We've gone one better and only have players that were born in Nottingham, at least that's the way it's eading. In reality, not a bad idea, but it will never happen.
7. What's your prediction for Saturday?
It's the 3rd round of the FAC, so anything can happen. It's probably a good time for us to be playing you, with all the speculation about your manager and the club's league position. That said, I think it will be a City win. Hopefully we give you a game and keep it respectable. 2-1.
Many thanks and respect going out to Guinless and the Vital Forest posse. A brilliant interview.
VITAL MC INFO:
- When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast and there's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community:
Login to post a comment
Best of Euro Vital
AC Milan - Vital Pre-Match - Genoa v AC Milan
Inter Milan - De Boer's Future Under Discussion?
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Eggington Stops Gavin in Eight Rounds
Vital Boxing - Khalid Yafai Granted WBA title shot!
Vital F1 - Hamilton was in fear of engine issues
Recent Manchester City Articles
The Ped Report City 1-1 Southampton
Lock In For Blues as Pep Does His Nut
(Video) Have Man City Fans Had Enough Of Pep Guardiola?
Have Manchester City fans had enough of Pep Guardiola after going five games without winning?
Johnny On The Spot - City 1 Southampton 1
The frustration along with the foul ups continue...
Mike Dean Takes Charge Of Manchester Derby
The English Football League has appointed Mike Dean to officiate the EFL Cup Fourth Round tie between Manchester United and Manchester City.
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Manchester City Fixtures (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|5.||Colin Is The King||160|