Magnificent Seven Fan's Q&A Take Two: Portsmouth
Google language translator
1. Pompey and City are in a similar league position as we head towards mid January. Can you explain your current nosedive in results?
Nosedive! It's more of a freefall!
Our results of late have been truly awful: 1 point from a possible 15 in December and just 14 from a possible 42 in the last three months which as anybody can see is relegation form.
The key reason as I see it is the Redknapp factor. League form hasn't exactly been great since March last year but when Harry was around we didn't seem to panic about a poor run of form as much as we are doing now.
Big Tony has come in and although his heart is in the right place he doesn't seem to get the best out of the players and although we have had a lot of injuries I think he lacks in the decision making
department and acts when it's too late.
I also think that Sol Campbell as a captain has been very poor this year. He doesn't seem as motivated or committed - Bit like Richard Dunne I guess.
2. How did you all feel about 'Arry Redknapp's departure?
On a week by week basis - Betrayed, gutted, worried, annoyed, and now slightly embarrassed as we are seeing him for what he really is.
3. The transfer window is open. Who do you realistically want to sign, what's the Defoe saga all about and remembering that infamous January night, how about Benjani?
I'm not too sure who could fill the gaps we have but our priorities have to be a creative midfielder and possibly another striker - That said apart from the full back positions (Johnson & Belhadj) and Crouch up front there's nowhere we really couldn't do with additional cover.
As for Benjani - Name your price - We'd have him back with open arms.
4. What's your verdict on Man City's erratic form in the first half of the season and current unrest?
Really surprised you are doing so badly and to be honest I expected better things. You thumped us 6-0. I thought that you'd really take the league by storm but your form is so up and down it's really hard to predict which 'City' is gonna play each week.
5. 'The City Three Step challenge:' What comes into your head when you think of Manchester City? Give us first the image you see, second the feeling you get and third the word that sums us up….
1. Colin Bell scoring in the 1974 League Cup Final.
2. Nostalgic .. thinking of the red & black stripped Man City subbuteo team I had.
6. 'Six Plus Five:' FIFA President Sepp Blatter is continuing his campaign to impose a maximum quota of five overseas players on every English team. Do you agree or disagree with his proposal?
To be honest there will be so many loopholes and complications that I'll not form an opinion unless it actually happens.
7. What's your prediction for next Saturday?
Both teams really need to win, but I think we have the greater motivation having been outclassed earlier in the season - Expect a
tough game and as you are gonna be missing SWP and Stephen Ireland. I reckon we will win ... as long as we don't give any free kicks away within 40 yards of our goal - I just don't trust that Brazilian bloke!
Very many thanks and respect going out to Chix and the Vital Pompey team. Yet another excellent interview.
VITAL MC INFO:
- When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast with over 1,000 Blues now registered with us. There's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community:
Best of Euro Vital
AC Milan - Vital Pre-Match - Fiorentina v AC Milan
Barca - Iniesta goes on the defensive
Inter Milan - Icardi Had No Intention of Leaving Inter
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Crolla v Linares – Running Order
Vital Boxing - Crolla Looking to Beat Linares
Vital F1 - Gutierrez considering options away from Haas
Login to post a comment
Recent Manchester City Articles
Swansea v Manchester City Preview
Three days later, same opponents, different competition. Guardiola and his squad return to the Liberty Stadium for Swansea City #2, the Premier League version.
Club Top Scorers In Premier League
Swansea City's Gylfi Sigurdsson has become the latest player to register themselves as a club's leading and all time Premier League top scorer - so who else holds that mantle?
Swansea v Man City Live Streams & Global TV Coverage
Manchester City beat Swansea 2-1 at the Liberty Stadium on Wednesday in the EFL Cup Third Round and now, the two teams face off in the Premier League on Saturday.
Johnny On The Spot - Swansea City 1 Manchester City 2
City are on Cloud Nine...
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Manchester City Fixtures (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|7.||Colin Is The King||105|