Magnificent Seven Fan's Q&A Take Two: Stoke
Google language translator
1. Stoke are still hanging on in there within touching distance of a number of established Premier League sides. Most of the football experts have written you off. Can you avoid relegation and how would you sum up your season to date?
Touch and go to be very honest. We've been very pleased with our home form, but have been let down by some terrible away performances.
2. Outside of the 0-0 draw with Liverpool you've lost five of your last six league games. But those defeats haven't been for lack of effort. Indeed, you've suffered some cruel results. What's been going both right and wrong?
Tony Pulis has managed to keep the great atmosphere in the dressing room from last season going into this one. There was an uncharacteristic breakdown in togetherness with the Fuller/Griffin sending off against West Ham but that is hopefully water under the bridge.
Our main problems are that we've suffered with an inability to take our chances when they're offered, a naivety that sometimes makes us easy prey to a late goal or two as against Man U on Boxing Day then Chelsea the other week and the recurring knack to let in three quick first half goals which kill off the game as we've seen in the away games against Blackburn, Bolton and Spurs.
3. If you were Tony Pulis, what would be the direction of your team talk before sending your players out to meet Man City this weekend?
At home, our form is far better than away from the Brit. Another full house does give us an edge and the players have needed no motivation so far. He'll just tell them, as usual, to keep it tight and the pressure on.
4. What's your verdict on the vitriol dished out to Man City, most notably by sports hacks this past fortnight?
I was looking forward to seeing Kaka and I know so were many other Potters fans, but it's no different to the all those 'pundits' who said that we'd struggle to pick up any points at the start of the season.
We all know how bad news about any club is always more interesting to other clubs' fans and thick skins are needed when you're the 'richest club in the world.'
5. 'The City Three Step challenge:' What comes into your head when you think of Manchester City? Give us first the image you see, second the feeling you get and third the word that sums us up...
Camels, envy, money!
6. 'Six Plus Five:' FIFA President Sepp Blatter is continuing his campaign to impose a maximum quota of five overseas players on every English team. Do you agree or disagree with his proposal?
Disagree - we'd not have an eleven to put out, but I do have some sympathy as it should raise the quality of English players over time.
7. What's your prediction for Saturday?
1-1. James Beattie to score on his home debut, but Robinho to get a late goal for a draw.
Very many thanks and respect to Chris and The Vital Stoke team. Another cracking interview.
JOIN VITAL MANCHESTER CITY:
When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City and it's Forums are growing fast with over 1,100 Blues now registered with us. There's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community:
Best of Euro Vital
AC Milan - Rossoneri Report - Fiorentina 25-09-16
Inter Milan - Inter Take 20-Man Squad to Prague
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Tyson Fury Medical Status Definition Required
Vital Boxing - The UK, the ONLY Place to Fight
Vital F1 - Blog: Sepang Preview
Login to post a comment
Recent Manchester City Articles
Stats: Glasgow Celtic v Manchester City
All the stats from Glasgow Celtic (3) vs (3) Manchester City, Celtic Park, 28/9/16 19h45 BST Att: 57,592
Celtic v Manchester City Preview
Having achieved a media confounding 10 consecutive wins Pep Guardiola's men return to the Champions League fray tonight with the trip north of the border to face...
This Is How The Scottish Media Are Covering Celtic v City
One of the best-selling redtops in Scotland is the Daily Record and wow, they are covering Wednesday night's Champions League encounter between Celtic and Manchester City..
Live Stream From Celtic FC Twitter Feed
With only 24-hours to go until Celtic and Manchester City face off in the Champions' League Group C game, both clubs, as one would expect are busy preparing for their...
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Manchester City Fixtures (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|7.||Colin Is The King||130|