Magnificent Seven Fan's Q&A Take Two: Chelsea
1. Second placed Chelsea are 23 points clear of City going into this season's return fixture at Stamford Bridge. The rags have been depressingly starting to run away with the title. Can you catch them?
I'd love to be able to give you hope but the stark reality is NO! We blew it months ago when our home record went pear-shaped. Unless Fergie makes a monumental cock-up, he's home and dry for three in a row
2. As honorary members of 'The Big Four,' do you see City as a future threat to the English and European football establishment?
Certainly, but it'll take time. When Roman invested in us we had already qualified for the Champions League, so half the battle was won. You'll need to take it steady but I have high hopes the 'big-four' will be expanded to a big six or seven with City, Villa and Everton all knocking on the door.
3. If you were Guus Hiddink, what would be the gist of your team talk before sending your players out against City this weekend?
Hard one! Not sure Guus does that much talking. I think it's the aura that surrounds him that motivates players. The tactics would have been discussed beforehand and the players, I guess, will be told to go out and execute the plan, let the opposition worry about us is a popular terminology!
4. To what extent do you identify with the recent vitriol recently dished out to Man City, most notably by sports hacks this past transfer window over 'Kakagate?'
You'll get used to it! You'll get taunted about buying success by the very supporters who are green with envy. You'll get used to paying over the odds but just stick two fingers up at the feckin lot of them!!
5. 'The City Three Step challenge:' What comes into your head when you think of Manchester City? Give us first the image you see, second the feeling you get and third the word that sums us up...
First image - a club that lost its way, a club that (at times) mirrored our own several years ago.
Second the feeling - a sleeping giant about to awake from its slumber but desperately looking around to get its true bearings!
Word that sums you up - ambitious!
6. 'Six Plus Five:' FIFA President Sepp Blatter is continuing his campaign to impose a maximum quota of five overseas players on every English team. Do you agree or disagree with his proposal?
Don't give a damn. All that'll happen is that the bigger clubs will snap up all the best prospects at outrageous prices and those foreigners signed will be of the highest quality and not the Johnny average some clubs seem content to flout as a great signing. Blatter will still have to sit there and watch English clubs dominate the Champions League!
7. What's your prediction for Sunday?
A home win of course although it might not be the six we got when you were coached by Uncle Sven!
Very many thanks and respect to Merlin and The Vital Chelsea team. Another excellent interview.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE CARL RAMSBOTTOM APPEAL:
On 27 November 2008, Carl travelled over to Germany to watch his beloved side play Schalke in the UEFA Cup, however due to a tragic incident at a German train station, Carl suffered life threatening injuries.
Due to this horrendous incident, Carl ended up in a coma for three weeks. He is currently in a rehabilitation unit in Germany while his family remain by his bedside.
The family are hopeful that Carl might be in a position to be repatriated to a rehab unit within the United Kingdom, hopefully sometime this month.
If you would like to make a donation, please make cheques payable to P&W MCFCCSA and send it to Ian Ramsbottom. 12 Plant Hill Road Blackley M96NH.
Or,if you would prefer to pay by credit or debit card, please click on the following link.
JOIN VITAL MANCHESTER CITY:
When the first whistle blows, don't forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City and it's Forums are growing fast with over 1,200 Blues now registered with us. There's more to come - Be Here Now and join our worldwide community:
Best of Euro Vital
Bayern - Coman Stars for France at 2016
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Froch Not Sure About Groves!
Vital Boxing - Eubank Jnr Beats Doran with Ease
Vital F1 - F1 Prediction Comp - Open for round 9
Login to post a comment
Recent Manchester City Articles
Details: Guardiola's First City Appearance
This Saturday and Sunday, 2 & 3 July, 2016, MCFC open up their doors of the City Football Academy for a breath-taking Cityzens Weekend.
Marc Vivien Foe: 13 Years On
It's been 13 years since the world lost Marc Vivien Foe.
(Video) Joe Hart vs James Milner
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart and ex-Manchester City midfielder James Milner have their friendship tested in a light-hearted manner as each player has a go...
Premier League 2016/17 Pre-Season Games
The Premier League may have published their 2016/17 fixture list but what about those of us who want to know about our respective club pre-season games.
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|1.||Colin Is The King||145|