Man City Cull Almost Inevitable
Mark Hughes has made no secret of that fact that there will be a massive summer clearout at Manchester City, but who out of the following will go?
Budding journalist and Vital Manchester City member, Blue Lad Scragg sent us the following article.
* Shay Given (33) - 21 appearances
* Joe Hart ( 22) - 31 app - send out on loan
* Pablo Zabaleta ( 24) - 37 app
* Nedum Onuoha ( 22) - 23 app
* Wayne Bridge ( 28) - 18 app
* Vincent Kompany (23) - 44 app
* Nigel De Jong ( 24) - 16 app
* Stephen Ireland (22) - 48 app
* Michael Johnson ( 21) - 8 app
* SWP ( 27) - 37 app
* Robinho ( 25) - 40 app
* Craig Bellamy ( 29) - 10 app
* Valeri Bojinov ( 23) - 2 app
* Felipe Caicedo (20) - 14 app
* Vladamir Weiss (19) - 0 app
* Micah Richards (20 years old, 46 appearances) - Hasn't had the best season compared to last years in which it seemed the youngster had the world at his feet. But, I think he still has huge potential as he is an obvious talent. My only problem with him is his attitude which he will need to address he wants England's right-back position. Verdict: We will keep him.
* Richard Dunne (29) - 43 app - Has been heavily criticised for being unreliable and shaky. He has picked up two red cards this season and has had some shocking games. But, when he is on his game is one of the best in the business. Verdict: He has been awesome over the years and I think he deserves to stay probably not as our captain.
* Javier Garrido (24) - 17 app - The Spaniard's second season at City in which he started the 1st half as the first choice left-back, but then Wayne Bridge arrived. He is a decent left-back but probably not to the standard we are looking fo. Verdict: He will probably leave for around £2m.
* Tal Ben-Haim (27) - 14 app - An awful season for the Israeli. He was loaned out to Sunderland where he was not a success, playing only five games. Verdict: Will probably drop to the Championship.
* Gelson Fernandes (22) - 9 app - Well, you are a fans favourite if you have been dubbed 'The Headless Chicken'. Fernandes promised much when he signed but to be honest he is a very average player. He spends most of his time on the bench and has made 18 sub apps. Verdict: I think he will leave with five clubs apparently interested.
* Martin Petrov (30) - 8 app) - The Bulgarian has had an injury-ridden season after picking up a horrendous knee injury. I think he still has a future especially with his bursting runs down the left, however he did look a tad but slow after coming back from the injury. Verdict: Spurs are apparently interested.
* Elano (27) - 30 app - The Brazilian started the season well with four goals in four games, but slowly fell away. He also had a public outburst about not being an automatic first chouce player, resulted in a club fine. He dusted himself down, took stock and came back stronger, then low and behold he picked his game up and won 'Player of the Month' in April. Elano is a cult-hero at City but is a hot and cold player. Verdict: Off, to Inter Milan
* Jo (22) - 14 app - The laziest player since Samaras. He never looks bothered and was instantly under pressure after his £21m move. He has been awful and is probably not worth keeping. Verdict: Don't know!
* Kasper Schmeichel (22) - 1 app - He has slipped down the pecking order to 3rd choice goalie, after Given and Hart. Verdict: Will leave, possibly for Cardiff?
* Michael Ball (29) - 10 app - Just not the class and quality we are after. Had a good first season but is too slow and too unstable. Verdict: Will leave for a Championship team?
* Danny Mills (32) - 0 app) - Why is he still with us? He is just running down his contract the useless git. Verdict: Possible retirement, if not, a League 1 club might be more appropriate.
* Glauber Berti (25) - 1 sub app - An absolute legend, but he has no realistic City future.
* Dietmar Hamann (35) - 8 app - Unfortunately he is past his best. He recently racked up gambling debts of £600,000, nevertheless he WAS a great player. Verdict: Retirement.
* Darius Vassell (28) - 11 app - Never seen a player waste so many chances. He may give 100% every game but he is still garbage. Verdict: Off to Burnley.
* Ched Evans (20) - 5 app - He looked very promising at Norwich but is simply not good enough. Verdict: Would make a good Championship player
* Benjani (30) - 8 app - Signed from Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee. He has done ok but he doesn't put himself about enough for such a big guy. He also makes no runs or movement off the ball. Verdict: Will more than likely return to to the south coast.
* Kelvin Etuhu (21) - 2 app - An academy graduate who will not make it. Verdict: Will move to Championship side. Can't see us keeping hold of him.
* Daniel Sturridge (19) - 10 app - Silly, silly Sturridge. An obvious talent but demanded £75,000 a week. Ridiculous. Verdict: Chelsea bound?
Our forums can be found here. Go on and pay us a visit? You never know you might become a regular.
Best of Euro Vital
AC Milan - Vital Pre-Match - Fiorentina v AC Milan
Barca - Iniesta goes on the defensive
Inter Milan - Icardi Had No Intention of Leaving Inter
Best of Vital Network
Vital Boxing - Crolla v Linares – Running Order
Vital Boxing - Crolla Looking to Beat Linares
Vital F1 - Gutierrez considering options away from Haas
Login to post a comment
Recent Manchester City Articles
Swansea v Manchester City Preview
Three days later, same opponents, different competition. Guardiola and his squad return to the Liberty Stadium for Swansea City #2, the Premier League version.
Club Top Scorers In Premier League
Swansea City's Gylfi Sigurdsson has become the latest player to register themselves as a club's leading and all time Premier League top scorer - so who else holds that mantle?
Swansea v Man City Live Streams & Global TV Coverage
Manchester City beat Swansea 2-1 at the Liberty Stadium on Wednesday in the EFL Cup Third Round and now, the two teams face off in the Premier League on Saturday.
Johnny On The Spot - Swansea City 1 Manchester City 2
City are on Cloud Nine...
Archived VMC Articles
Current Poll (see more polls)
Recent Manchester City Results (view all)
Manchester City Fixtures (view all)
Breaking League News
Vital Members League Table
|7.||Colin Is The King||105|