Date:Tuesday June 30 2009
Monday 29 June 2009 I, along with a select few had the opportunity to preview Manchester City's brand new state of the art official website.
I was hoping to write a full feature on the very subject but alas I didn't leave Manchester until 7:45pm and by the time I arrived home (midnight) I had spent nearly nine hours on the road. In other words I was knackered.
It's pointless going into too many details as by the time many of you read this the site will have launched, therefore I will highlight a few details.
* The company who designed the site began working on the idea way back in November 2008. A total of 10 staff worked tirelessly to get the site ready for launch.
* There will be an Arabic language version, plus three other languages - at least one will be in Spanish.
* The club was not prepared to tell me how much they have invested, but it will have cost an absolute fortune.
* There will be no site adverts.
* No other sports website ANYWHERE in the world will look similar. This is totally groundbreaking.
* There will be no fans forum. Vital Manchester City, Bluemoon and two other independent sites have been included on a links page. Certain forum messages including our own will feature on the clubs main page.
* MCFCTV.com is history. The club will allow free radio match day commentary for everyone to enjoy.
* If the match is played at 3pm on a Saturday free video highlights will be available by midnight on Sunday.
* You will be able to move front page features around the page, IE if you want to drop a certain feature, you will be able to do so.
* Pre-season friendly (South Africa). If no broadcaster takes the games live, the club will try and show the games via the site - live and free!
* Reserve & Youth team games may become available either live or match highlights.
I am sure I've missed out a fair bit, but you'll be able to see for yourself - and soon.
Many thanks go out to the MCFC hospitality including Chris Nield (took me on a one-on-one stadium tour ) Vicky (she's a diamond) Kloss, and Victoria Stansfield.
Date:Tuesday June 30 2009
Stats: Manchester City v Norwich City (Sunday May 19 2013)
The Citizens versus The Canaries (Saturday May 18 2013)
Balotelli: I'm Glad I Left England (Saturday May 18 2013)
VIDEO: Confusion Clouds Pellegrini Future (Thursday May 16 2013)
The Ped Report Reading 0-2 City (Tuesday May 14 2013)
Stats: Reading v Manchester City (Tuesday May 14 2013)
And On That Bombshell (Tuesday May 14 2013)
VIDEO: Pellegrini Denies City Deal (Tuesday May 14 2013)
The Royals versus The Citizens (Tuesday May 14 2013)
Manciogate: The Axe Finally Falls (Monday May 13 2013)
|5.||Colin Is The King||206|
|Man City||2||-||1||West Ham|
|1. Man Utd||38||28||5||5||+43||89|
|2. Man City||38||23||9||6||+32||78|
|The Reality Of Newcastle United
» Newcastle : 20/05/2013 00:43:00
|PDC: 'Environment worse here than Swindon'
» Sunderland : 20/05/2013 00:39:00
|Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Sunderland
» Sunderland : 20/05/2013 00:31:00
|Report - Swansea City 0-3 Fulham
» Swansea : 19/05/2013 23:07:00
|West Ham 4 - 2 Reading
» Reading : 19/05/2013 22:55:00
» Newcastle : 19/05/2013 21:53:00
|The Moment That Made It All Worthwhile
» Arsenal : 19/05/2013 20:48:00