Date:Tuesday June 30 2009
Monday 29 June 2009 I, along with a select few had the opportunity to preview Manchester City's brand new state of the art official website.
I was hoping to write a full feature on the very subject but alas I didn't leave Manchester until 7:45pm and by the time I arrived home (midnight) I had spent nearly nine hours on the road. In other words I was knackered.
It's pointless going into too many details as by the time many of you read this the site will have launched, therefore I will highlight a few details.
* The company who designed the site began working on the idea way back in November 2008. A total of 10 staff worked tirelessly to get the site ready for launch.
* There will be an Arabic language version, plus three other languages - at least one will be in Spanish.
* The club was not prepared to tell me how much they have invested, but it will have cost an absolute fortune.
* There will be no site adverts.
* No other sports website ANYWHERE in the world will look similar. This is totally groundbreaking.
* There will be no fans forum. Vital Manchester City, Bluemoon and two other independent sites have been included on a links page. Certain forum messages including our own will feature on the clubs main page.
* MCFCTV.com is history. The club will allow free radio match day commentary for everyone to enjoy.
* If the match is played at 3pm on a Saturday free video highlights will be available by midnight on Sunday.
* You will be able to move front page features around the page, IE if you want to drop a certain feature, you will be able to do so.
* Pre-season friendly (South Africa). If no broadcaster takes the games live, the club will try and show the games via the site - live and free!
* Reserve & Youth team games may become available either live or match highlights.
I am sure I've missed out a fair bit, but you'll be able to see for yourself - and soon.
Many thanks go out to the MCFC hospitality including Chris Nield (took me on a one-on-one stadium tour ) Vicky (she's a diamond) Kloss, and Victoria Stansfield.
Date:Tuesday June 30 2009
July 1 Changes For City (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Milner's Liverpool Move Confirmed (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Err.. The New Premier League Football... Ahem! (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Dzeko Not Roma Bound (Tuesday June 30 2015)
First Up Fabinho? (Tuesday June 30 2015)
City Rumour Round Up 28/6/15 (Sunday June 28 2015)
Man City Fans Mementos Day Saturday 4th July (Sunday June 28 2015)
Unal Almost Signed & Sealed (Thursday June 25 2015)
Fairer Away Day Ticket Prices FSF Campaign (Thursday June 25 2015)
Melbourne City Friendly Arranged (Wednesday June 24 2015)
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|9. Man City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10. Man Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Redmond Named In Team Of Euro 2016
» Norwich : 01/07/2015 19:57:01
|FC Lusitans European Record
» West Ham : 01/07/2015 18:53:01
|The Low-Down On - James Tomkins
» West Ham : 01/07/2015 18:27:01
|Liverpool: Clyne Move Officially Complete
» Liverpool : 01/07/2015 18:04:01
|New Villa Deals Come Into Force
» Aston Villa : 01/07/2015 17:16:00