Date:Monday July 20 2009
A Vital Manchester City reader from down under sent us the following:
The following quote from the New Zealand Sun newspaper made me start thinking:
'While City draw large crowds of 'real' fans, good Manchester folk who know their football, a large percentage of United's support are prawn sandwich-munching corporate and bandwagon-jumping foreigners who wouldn't know one end of a corner kick from the other.'
So would this be the kind of entry requirement for membership of the Manchester United supporters Club?
APPLICATION FORM FOR MUFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
I wish to become a Manchester United supporter and I confirm that:
1) I was born nowhere near Manchester and am prepared to show no loyalty to teams located in my local area.
2) I confirm that I know absolutely nothing about football and will never seek to improve on my ignorance.
3) I am a pretentious glory seeker and have rejected supporting my local team on the grounds that they might not give me enough reflected kudos.
4) I am prepared to eat prawn sandwiches and totally reject meat pies, burger and chips and pints of beer on the grounds that these reflect the traits of true football fans from other clubs.
5) I will buy a replica shirt at least twice a year and appreciate the kindness of the club in regularly changing the design, of transferring Ronaldo and Tevez and of increasing prices in the Club shop, in the interests of us supporters.
6) I am only interested in winning and will sulk unreservedly if we do not win every game. Equally I will stop watching matches if we do not win regularly and will switch my allegiance to another team if they look more likely to win trophies.
7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.
8) I am a total t**t.
Courtesy of Stuff.co.nz
Date:Monday July 20 2009
What Cars Do The Premiership Captains' Drive? (Thursday July 2 2015)
July 1 Changes For City (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Milner's Liverpool Move Confirmed (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Err.. The New Premier League Football... Ahem! (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Dzeko Not Roma Bound (Tuesday June 30 2015)
First Up Fabinho? (Tuesday June 30 2015)
City Rumour Round Up 28/6/15 (Sunday June 28 2015)
Man City Fans Mementos Day Saturday 4th July (Sunday June 28 2015)
Unal Almost Signed & Sealed (Thursday June 25 2015)
Fairer Away Day Ticket Prices FSF Campaign (Thursday June 25 2015)
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|9. Man City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10. Man Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Hammers v FC Lusitans - Line-Ups
» West Ham : 02/07/2015 19:11:00
|Osvaldo the perfect fit for Palace?
» Crystal Palace : 02/07/2015 18:41:01
|He signs contracts, he signs contracts Odemwingie
» Stoke : 02/07/2015 18:17:00
» Chelsea : 02/07/2015 17:51:00
|Van Ginkel Heading Back to Premier League
» Chelsea : 02/07/2015 17:45:01