Date:Monday July 20 2009
A Vital Manchester City reader from down under sent us the following:
The following quote from the New Zealand Sun newspaper made me start thinking:
'While City draw large crowds of 'real' fans, good Manchester folk who know their football, a large percentage of United's support are prawn sandwich-munching corporate and bandwagon-jumping foreigners who wouldn't know one end of a corner kick from the other.'
So would this be the kind of entry requirement for membership of the Manchester United supporters Club?
APPLICATION FORM FOR MUFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
I wish to become a Manchester United supporter and I confirm that:
1) I was born nowhere near Manchester and am prepared to show no loyalty to teams located in my local area.
2) I confirm that I know absolutely nothing about football and will never seek to improve on my ignorance.
3) I am a pretentious glory seeker and have rejected supporting my local team on the grounds that they might not give me enough reflected kudos.
4) I am prepared to eat prawn sandwiches and totally reject meat pies, burger and chips and pints of beer on the grounds that these reflect the traits of true football fans from other clubs.
5) I will buy a replica shirt at least twice a year and appreciate the kindness of the club in regularly changing the design, of transferring Ronaldo and Tevez and of increasing prices in the Club shop, in the interests of us supporters.
6) I am only interested in winning and will sulk unreservedly if we do not win every game. Equally I will stop watching matches if we do not win regularly and will switch my allegiance to another team if they look more likely to win trophies.
7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.
8) I am a total t**t.
Courtesy of Stuff.co.nz
Date:Monday July 20 2009
Silva Joins Aguero As An Injury Concern (Saturday October 10 2015)
No Toure Pressure From Pellegrini (Saturday October 10 2015)
Sterling Backed To 'Set The World Stage Alight' (Friday October 9 2015)
Anxious Aguero Wait! (Friday October 9 2015)
The Manchester City Injury Table Updated (Friday October 9 2015)
Guardiola Just Won't Go Away (Thursday October 8 2015)
Four City Changes For TV (Thursday October 8 2015)
If It Goes In, It Doesn't Matter! (Monday October 5 2015)
Pellegrini On Important Win And Amazing Aguero (Monday October 5 2015)
Two In Team Of The Week (Monday October 5 2015)
|Man City||1||-||2||West Ham|
|Crystal Palace||0||-||1||Man City|
|1. Man City||8||6||0||2||+12||18|
|3. Man Utd||8||5||1||2||+4||16|
|4. Crystal Palace||8||5||0||3||+4||15|
|5. Leicester City||8||4||3||1||+2||15|
|6. West Ham||8||4||2||2||+6||14|
|Williams Wins Man of the Match vs Spurs
» Swansea : 10/10/2015 20:21:00
|Silva Joins Aguero As An Injury Concern
» Man City : 10/10/2015 19:23:01
|No Toure Pressure From Pellegrini
» Man City : 10/10/2015 19:16:01
|Albrighton On Resolute City
» Leicester City : 10/10/2015 19:04:01
|Chalobah Has Played Just FIVE Minutes this Season!
» Chelsea : 10/10/2015 18:27:00