The Truth About Manchester United Fans
A Vital Manchester City reader from down under sent us the following:
The following quote from the New Zealand Sun newspaper made me start thinking:
'While City draw large crowds of 'real' fans, good Manchester folk who know their football, a large percentage of United's support are prawn sandwich-munching corporate and bandwagon-jumping foreigners who wouldn't know one end of a corner kick from the other.'
So would this be the kind of entry requirement for membership of the Manchester United supporters Club?
APPLICATION FORM FOR MUFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
I wish to become a Manchester United supporter and I confirm that:
1) I was born nowhere near Manchester and am prepared to show no loyalty to teams located in my local area.
2) I confirm that I know absolutely nothing about football and will never seek to improve on my ignorance.
3) I am a pretentious glory seeker and have rejected supporting my local team on the grounds that they might not give me enough reflected kudos.
4) I am prepared to eat prawn sandwiches and totally reject meat pies, burger and chips and pints of beer on the grounds that these reflect the traits of true football fans from other clubs.
5) I will buy a replica shirt at least twice a year and appreciate the kindness of the club in regularly changing the design, of transferring Ronaldo and Tevez and of increasing prices in the Club shop, in the interests of us supporters.
6) I am only interested in winning and will sulk unreservedly if we do not win every game. Equally I will stop watching matches if we do not win regularly and will switch my allegiance to another team if they look more likely to win trophies.
7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.
8) I am a total t**t.
Courtesy of Stuff.co.nz
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.