Date:Monday July 20 2009
A Vital Manchester City reader from down under sent us the following:
The following quote from the New Zealand Sun newspaper made me start thinking:
'While City draw large crowds of 'real' fans, good Manchester folk who know their football, a large percentage of United's support are prawn sandwich-munching corporate and bandwagon-jumping foreigners who wouldn't know one end of a corner kick from the other.'
So would this be the kind of entry requirement for membership of the Manchester United supporters Club?
APPLICATION FORM FOR MUFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
I wish to become a Manchester United supporter and I confirm that:
1) I was born nowhere near Manchester and am prepared to show no loyalty to teams located in my local area.
2) I confirm that I know absolutely nothing about football and will never seek to improve on my ignorance.
3) I am a pretentious glory seeker and have rejected supporting my local team on the grounds that they might not give me enough reflected kudos.
4) I am prepared to eat prawn sandwiches and totally reject meat pies, burger and chips and pints of beer on the grounds that these reflect the traits of true football fans from other clubs.
5) I will buy a replica shirt at least twice a year and appreciate the kindness of the club in regularly changing the design, of transferring Ronaldo and Tevez and of increasing prices in the Club shop, in the interests of us supporters.
6) I am only interested in winning and will sulk unreservedly if we do not win every game. Equally I will stop watching matches if we do not win regularly and will switch my allegiance to another team if they look more likely to win trophies.
7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.
8) I am a total t**t.
Courtesy of Stuff.co.nz
Date:Monday July 20 2009
Stats: Juventus v Manchester City (Wednesday November 25 2015)
Juventus v Man City - Teamsheets! (Wednesday November 25 2015)
Infographic - Man City With And Without Key Duo (Wednesday November 25 2015)
Aguero & Toure Ahead Of Juventus (Tuesday November 24 2015)
Beat The Clock & Be The Manager - Juventus (Tuesday November 24 2015)
Aguero Sets New Record (Monday November 23 2015)
Juventus vs Manchester City - 7.45pm Wed 25th Nov (Monday November 23 2015)
Pellegrini On Liverpool Disaster (Sunday November 22 2015)
Stats: Manchester City v Liverpool (Saturday November 21 2015)
Man City v Liverpool - Team Line Ups (Saturday November 21 2015)
|6.||Colin Is The King||82|
|Aston Villa||0||-||0||Man City|
|Man Utd||0||-||0||Man City|
|Man City||5||-||1||AFC Bournemouth|
|1. Leicester City||13||8||4||1||+8||28|
|2. Man Utd||13||8||3||2||+10||27|
|3. Man City||13||8||2||3||+14||26|
|6. West Ham||13||6||3||4||+4||21|
|Is McClaren Ready For Judgment Day?
» Newcastle : 25/11/2015 22:45:01
» Man City : 25/11/2015 21:33:01
|BFG - We Can Qualify If We Play Without Fear
» Arsenal : 25/11/2015 19:51:01
|Kos Delighted With 'Important' Win Over Zargeb
» Arsenal : 25/11/2015 19:42:00
|United v PSV Eindhoven - Team-Sheets
» Man Utd : 25/11/2015 18:53:00