Date:Monday July 20 2009
A Vital Manchester City reader from down under sent us the following:
The following quote from the New Zealand Sun newspaper made me start thinking:
'While City draw large crowds of 'real' fans, good Manchester folk who know their football, a large percentage of United's support are prawn sandwich-munching corporate and bandwagon-jumping foreigners who wouldn't know one end of a corner kick from the other.'
So would this be the kind of entry requirement for membership of the Manchester United supporters Club?
APPLICATION FORM FOR MUFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
I wish to become a Manchester United supporter and I confirm that:
1) I was born nowhere near Manchester and am prepared to show no loyalty to teams located in my local area.
2) I confirm that I know absolutely nothing about football and will never seek to improve on my ignorance.
3) I am a pretentious glory seeker and have rejected supporting my local team on the grounds that they might not give me enough reflected kudos.
4) I am prepared to eat prawn sandwiches and totally reject meat pies, burger and chips and pints of beer on the grounds that these reflect the traits of true football fans from other clubs.
5) I will buy a replica shirt at least twice a year and appreciate the kindness of the club in regularly changing the design, of transferring Ronaldo and Tevez and of increasing prices in the Club shop, in the interests of us supporters.
6) I am only interested in winning and will sulk unreservedly if we do not win every game. Equally I will stop watching matches if we do not win regularly and will switch my allegiance to another team if they look more likely to win trophies.
7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.
8) I am a total t**t.
Courtesy of Stuff.co.nz
Date:Monday July 20 2009
Players Respond To Newcastle Loss (Thursday October 30 2014)
Harsh Rodney Marsh (Thursday October 30 2014)
Pellegrini - Same Failures Cost Us (Thursday October 30 2014)
The Ped Report..City 0-2 Newcastle United (Thursday October 30 2014)
Silver Lining (Thursday October 30 2014)
Boss Hopeful On Duo (Thursday October 30 2014)
Yaya Recognised (Thursday October 30 2014)
Stats: Man City v Newcastle (Wednesday October 29 2014)
The Great Dane - City Are Bigger (Wednesday October 29 2014)
Team News: City v Newcastle United (Wednesday October 29 2014)
|West Ham||2||-||1||Man City|
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|Hull City||2||-||4||Man City|
|3. Man City||9||5||2||2||+9||17|
|4. West Ham||9||5||1||3||+5||16|
|Irvine Expecting Tough Leicester Encounter
» WBA : 30/10/2014 17:12:00
|Varela Resumes Full Training
» WBA : 30/10/2014 17:07:00
|Koeman Delighted With Second Stoke Win
» Southampton : 30/10/2014 16:55:00
|Sheffield United In The Quarter Finals
» Southampton : 30/10/2014 16:48:00
|Players Respond To Newcastle Loss
» Man City : 30/10/2014 16:38:00