Writer: Blue Lad Scragg
Date:Tuesday July 21 2009
Manchester City's defence is now our number one problem in that it needs addressing and NOW.
Budding blogger Blue Lad Scragg sent us the following...
Last season we let in 50 goals through a leaky defence, therefore it doesn't take a genius to work out that the plug needs sorting, sooner rather than later. Yes it is good to see that Hughes knows were our failing are - phew!
The club is chasing Lescott who today (21/07/09) demanded to speak to City after Everton turned down a £15m bid. And then of course there is John Terry who is going to ask Chelsea to give him permission to speak to City. I must say this news is promising. Hopefully either one, or both of these deals will be finalised in the coming days.
Let's have a look at our current defensive line-up?
1) Nedum Onouha, who is becoming better and better with every game he plays and can count himself a regular after his performances last season. He is also a possible contender for the captain's armband this season.
Chances of Starting: 7/10
2) Micah Richards, who may have had a bad season last year still he shows lots of promise and potential. He also showed what a good player he was whilst playing for the England U21's during last months Euro's. Micah will now have to compete with Zabaleta for the right back spot.
Chances of Starting: 6/10
3) Richard Dunne, who over the years has been a fantastic servant to City but of recent he has become less reliable and more prone to making rash challenges. I still think he is worth keeping hold of and could flourish if you take the weight of the captaincy off his shoulders.
Chances of Starting: 4/10
4) Pablo Zabaleta, one of Hughes' best buys and is reliable and will give 100% every game. He is also a very adaptable player regularly slotting in at midfield. He will be an important and influential player this season.
Chances of Starting: 8/10
5) Wayne Bridge, he is now the obvious choice at left back and although not a world beater, possibly because of the lack of first team football he got at Chelsea he is still not up to the level of awareness as the others. A big season for the England international.
Chances of Starting: 9/10
6) Javier Garrido, the Spaniard has seen his chances limited since the arrival of Bridge but he has promised to stay at City and fight for his place. Garrido lacks one major attribute as a left back, and that is pace. He is often caught out and leaves big holes at the back. In my opinion, I can only see Garrido leaving as his chances will be further limited if the German whiz-kid Nils Zander keeps developing at his current level, baring in mind the kid is only 16.
Chances of Starting: 3/10
7) Tal Ben Haim, probably the worst of the bunch. The Israeli has struggled to nail down a first team spot under Hughes and was overlooked by Ricky Sbragia during his loan spell at Sunderland where he amassed only five appearances. He days are numbered and will probably move on. (Fingers crossed!)
Chances of Starting: 1/10
We also have the young Ryan McGivren who plays at left back, Shaleum Logan who plays at right back and Ben Mee who plays centre half. More on these youngsters at a later date.
Courtesy of man-city-issues.blogspot.com
Date:Tuesday July 21 2009
The Ped Report.. City 3-0 Crystal Palace (Sunday December 21 2014)
Pellegrini Had No Crystal Palace Doubts (Saturday December 20 2014)
Stats: Manchester City v Crystal Palace (Saturday December 20 2014)
Team Line-Ups: Manchester City v Crystal Palace (Saturday December 20 2014)
Team News: City v Crystal Palace (Friday December 19 2014)
Pellegrini Confident Milner Will Stay (Friday December 19 2014)
Hart Signs New Contract At Manchester City (Friday December 19 2014)
Pellegrini Confident Of Crystal Palace Victory (Friday December 19 2014)
City v Crystal Palace - How Will It Go? (Thursday December 18 2014)
Sagna Will Fill In If Needed (Thursday December 18 2014)
|8.||Colin Is The King||86|
|Man City||3||-||0||Crystal Palace|
|Leicester City||0||-||1||Man City|
|2. Man City||17||12||3||2||+22||39|
|3. Man Utd||17||9||5||3||+12||32|
|4. West Ham||17||9||4||4||+10||31|
|Totally Deserved, says Gus Poyet
» Sunderland : 22/12/2014 01:34:00
|Pardew Will Have To Live With 4 In A Row Tab.
» Sunderland : 22/12/2014 01:12:00
|4 In A Row @NUFC
» Newcastle : 22/12/2014 00:52:00
|Sunderland Beat Newcastle Yet Again
» Sunderland : 21/12/2014 22:31:00
|Anfield Points Lost, Saved, Won And Dropped
» Arsenal : 21/12/2014 21:25:00