Vital MC Seven Deadly Sins Fans Q+A: West Ham
Two teams with great football traditions go head to head at Eastlands on Monday night. Rossy from Vital WHU takes the stand for our sixth pre match interrogation of this exciting season...
1. West Ham travel to Manchester having won only once in the Premier League this season on the opening day at Wolves. Since then, they've been dumped out of the League Cup at Bolton and gained one point at Blackburn almost a month ago. What's gone wrong Vital Hammers?
In all honesty not a lot! We've been playing some good football but just not been taking our chances. We've also been susceptible, as in midweek, to some defensive lapses. We're confident we're on the right track and once we get a couple of wins under our belts, starting on Monday evening, we'll soon climb up that table.
2. What are your hopes and aspirations for this season?
Well one disappeared during midweek, I hoped we could sneak through the early rounds of the Carling Cup and get a glimpse of Wembley but Bolton put paid to that.
Now, with us languishing in the bottom three (definitely not in our pre-season plans) it might sound foolish to talk about European qualification, of the Europa League kind, but is football not all about ambition? And as for the FA Cup, ask me again in January!
3. How do you feel the summer transfer window went for you?
lol! Whilst you lot were shopping at Harrods we, thanks to the financial uncertainty, were looking in the window of Primark! In fact, I have to admit to being more worried about who we'd be losing than buying, the squad was looking a little thin but Gianfranco has been very astute and has picked up a few off the bargain rails that seem keen to wear the shirt with pride.
4. 'Shot by both sides:' The Dangermen. Who should West Ham and in turn City, be paying close attention to at Eastlands on Monday night?
Beware young Carlton, the boy now has this inner belief and if you give him a chance he'll slot it away. In midfield Scott Parker will add the steel that might unsettle your fancy-dans!
On your side - Carlos Tevez. Here at Vital West Ham we are all acutely aware of just what he did for our club and he'll do a fine job for you, so glad he left Urinal to play for you lot!
5. Everyone at Manchester City from pitch to state of the art turnstile are very publicly aiming to take on and destabilise the seemingly endless procession of 'The Big Four' - Can it be done?
It can, but it'll take time. Without the enticement of Champions League football you will find it hard to attract the very top names. But if UEFA have their way the new quota rule could derail you although a little birdie tells me you have a few youngsters coming through as well. Mr Weiss is a bit handy I hear!
6. Are The Citizens guilty of 'ruining football,' one of the more hysterical charges levelled at the club throughout 2009?
Ruining football - greed and corporate lust ruined our wonderful game years ago. More a case of those that cite that you are ruining football are just jealous, I certainly wouldn't say no to your millions!
7. And so to battle. Your match prediction?
I have a good feeling about this, I reckon we'll sneak a win, we might have to ride our luck but it'll be our lot singing after ninety minutes - you mark my words!
Very many thanks to Rossy and the Vital Hammers team. An excellent interview!
Deadly Sinners so far this season:
Blackburn Rovers: Mikey D
Wolverhampton Wanderers: Akela
Arsenal: Paul Mustchin
Manchester united: Nobby Allcock
West Ham: Rossy
JOIN VITAL MANCHESTER CITY:
Vital Manchester City was the fastest growing Independent City Website last season and has a membership now standing at 1800 strong. There's more to come - Be Here Now and join the debate in our Forums as City's intriguing season gathers pace.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.