Writer: Johnny Baguette
Date:Thursday November 19 2009
1. City, despite 1 defeat this season get on the bus to Merseyside anxious to end a run of 5 draws which has seen the side's early season momentum stutter. Meanwhile, in an unprecedented first third of the season by their high standards, Liverpool have shipped 5 league defeats even though they beat the reigning rag champions. What's the mood amongst Liverpool fans over developments out on the pitch this season?
'I can only speak for myself but I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. I'm more frustrated really. In my honest opinion, on the whole, we've played some good football but we've just not been taking our chances when we create them, or creating enough with the possession we've had.
People might disagree, and use the recent penalty as an example, but I don't think we've been getting much luck either. As far as injuries go these are really against us, so this doesn't help. We need a break and when it comes everyone else needs to watch out.'
2. Liverpool ownership. What's your view of the situation in and above the Anfield boardroom? Who's in charge?
'The Yanks have made a mess of things but those in charge before let them in so who do you really blame? Is it worth looking to deal blame, as it's not going to change anything is it?
'If they take things too far that is when Rafa will be pushed over the edge, but I don't think he'll be that quick to jump off himself. He'd need to be pushed, and I can't see them doing that, as they know they need the Spaniard.'
3. Football hacks have been going after Rafa Benitez for some time now. Do you think he will be Liverpool manager by the end of the season?
'I think so and I'd also say that most of these football hacks don't actually know that much about what they write anyway.
'Most write what they think, not what they know and there is a big difference between fact and fiction! As above I don't think the Reds Boss will jump, he'll need to be pushed but I can't see this happening and wouldn't want it to happen.'
4. 'Shot by both sides:' The Dangermen. Who should Liverpool and in turn City, be paying close attention to at Anfield on Saturday?
'Beware the wounded animal is something that KB1 said in one of his VL reports recently, - this didn't actually prove to be the case but I'm hoping it will be on Saturday for us.
'With so many injuries who knows what team we'll put out but Stevie Gerrard is expected to be fit so you know you'll have to pay close attention to him.
'You have a lot of talent now don't you, but I'd imagine there'll be special interest surrounding Gareth Barry after his on off move to Anfield from the past year prior to joining you. Adebayor is also a dangerous customer but against a big team I'll be hoping he'll let emotion get the better of him, like it does at times.'
5. Everyone at Manchester City from pitch to state of the art turnstile are very publicly aiming to take on and destabilise the seemingly endless, increasingly boring procession of 'The Big Four' - Can it be done?
'In my honest opinion this is something that Mark Hughes is going to have to do sooner rather than later. However, I think it'll have to be later as over 38 matches I feel that the big four will remain the usual suspects again.'
6. Are The Citizens guilty of 'ruining football,' one of the more hysterical charges levelled at the club throughout 2009?
'They're only doing what everyone else wants to aren't they, and some have done in the past?
I'd be interested to know how many would be playing for you without the vast riches you give them every week though? That's got to help, but is that helping football?'
7. And so to battle. Your match prediction?
'You are a serious contender to the top four this season, even if I don't think you'll make it. And that makes this match even more important and one we can't afford to lose. At home I think we'll just have enough to win, I'd expect you think otherwise though.'
Very many thanks to Chubby and the team at Vital Liverpool for this great interview.
Deadly Sinners so far this season:
Blackburn Rovers: Mikey D
Wolverhampton Wanderers: Akela
Arsenal: Paul Mustchin
Manchester united: Nobby Allcock
West Ham: Rossy
Aston Villa: The Fear
Wigan Athetic: Worbo
Fulham: Andrew Joyce
Scunthorpe: Luke Thornhill
Liverpool: Chubby Alonso
TWO THOUSAND AND BEYOND - JOIN VITAL MANCHESTER CITY:
Vital Manchester City is the fastest growing independent City Website of 2009. We're targeting 2000 members by the turn of the year with 1900 already on board. There's more to come - Get on board and join us in the VMC Forums as the build up to the clash at Liverpool continues:
VMC Link: Liverpool v City: Match Day Thread: KO 12.45pm Live Sky
Date:Thursday November 19 2009
City Come Unstuck Against Stuttgart (Saturday August 1 2015)
Dzeko Fee Now Agreed (Saturday August 1 2015)
Two More Out For Experience (Saturday August 1 2015)
Jovetic Makes Inter Milan Switch (Friday July 31 2015)
Bony To Get Stuttgart Run Out (Friday July 31 2015)
Three Fixtures Selected For TV (Friday July 31 2015)
Unal Heads Out On Loan (Friday July 31 2015)
Stones Me - A New Link (Thursday July 30 2015)
Fofana Heads To France (Wednesday July 29 2015)
EDS Lads Did Their Bit! (Wednesday July 29 2015)
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|9. Man City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10. Man Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Lack of Cutting Edge A Common Theme In Pre-Season
» Swansea : 01/08/2015 23:54:01
|Liverpool: Deal For Brazilian Starlet Done
» Liverpool : 01/08/2015 22:59:00
|Norwich City 2 - 1 Brentford
» Norwich : 01/08/2015 21:41:00
|Liverpool: Ibe Impresses Again In HJK Win
» Liverpool : 01/08/2015 20:16:01
|No Colo For Monchengladbach Defeat
» Newcastle : 01/08/2015 19:35:00