Let The Manchester City Debate Begin
Season 2009/10 will end on a damp squib unless we finish in the top 4 and if we don't heads must surely roll. But the question is, whose head will it be? Garry Cook, Roberto Mancini or someone else?
Since August 2008 ADUG has injected at least £200million into the club but everything comes at a price. I appreciate patience is a virtue but Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and those involved in the Abu Dhabi United Group will want a return on their investment, and soon.
With no opportunity of winning any silverware this season and with the Premier League run-in one of the hardest we've had for years there is a real chance we might not even finish in a Europa League position never mind qualifying for the Champions League.
MCFC is under the spotlight like no other club in the world and some say money is expected to bring immediate success, but if that is the case what is going wrong?
I am not going to pretend I know the answers because I don't but we Blues need to have a sensible debate, in fact, as the headline says, 'let the Manchester City debate begin'.
Shall we begin with the following and see where the debate takes us?
* Are we expecting too much in such a short time period?
* How much money will ADUG plough into the club before they decide enough is enough?
* How much time will the club owners give CEO Garry Cook to resolve internal issues?
* Can we expect the press to continually criticise the club and if so, for how long?
* Roberto Mancini needs time to build his own squad of players but will he be given the time to do it?
* Are we City supporters justified in having a moan and if so, why?
We at Vital Manchester City would like everyone to have their say and in doing so, feel free to criticise the current managerial regime if you think its justified, or if you think we're heading in the right direction then please, say so.
The debate can take place either in the comments section directly below this article or on our 100% City Chat forum, or both. The decision is yours.
Let the debate begin.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.