Writer: Johnny Baguette
Date:Monday March 1 2010
A day before terrorising Chelsea, Carlos 'El Apache' Tevez landed at Heathrow at the end of a difficult time in Argentina. The result? 21 goals in 28 City starts and counting...
The City talisman's presence brings out the best in his strike partners, Craig Bellamy's sublime sprint and finish for the second goal the latest example.
Excellent performances were put in across the pisspoor Stamford Bridge surface. Most notably Wayne Bridge who would not bow to the inexplicable booing from thousands of Chelsea supporters, Gareth Barry who was outstanding and Joleon Lescott who continues to thrive under the guidance of Vincent Kompany.
Tevez is once again the VMC Forum's MOTM:
Carlos Tevez [46.88%]
Wayne Bridge [15.62%]
Vincent Kompany [12.5%]
Joleon Lescott [9.38%]
Craig Bellamy [6.25%]
Gareth Barry [6.25%]
Shay Given [3.12%]
Micah Richards [0%]
Pablo Zabaleta [0%]
Nigel De Jong [0%]
Adam Johnson [0%]
Shaun Wright-Phillips [0%]
Roque Santa Cruz [0%]
Silvio Sylvinho [0%]
This was a day when to a man City's players rose to the challenge and stood firm amid some pitiful Chelsea bullying of the referee and their collapse in discipline.
Their collectively relentless complaints at every decision that goes against them beggar belief. In our Chelsea Whinger Of The Match poll, Michael Ballack scowled 90% of the vote with the remaining 10% moaned up by the hapless John Terry.
The Story So Far:
FA Premier League unless stated
Carlos Tevez, 6 (Bolton A, Spurs A, Wolves A, Blackburn H, the rags H, LCSF1, Chelsea A)
Nigel de Jong, 5 (Fulham H LC R3, West Ham H, Wigan Athletic A, Liverpool A, Chelsea H)
Craig Bellamy, 4 (Arsenal H, the rags A, Villa A, Sunderland H)
Gareth Barry, 3 (Blackburn A, Portsmouth A, Stoke H)
Shaun Wright-Phillips, 3 (C. Palace A LC R2, Burnley H, Arsenal H LC QF)
Wayne Bridge, 3 (Fulham H, Hull A, Stoke H, FAC5)
Micah Richards, 2 (the rags A LCSF2, Stoke A)
Emmanuel Adebayor, 2 (Wolves H, Portsmouth H)
Shay Given, 2 (Birmingham A, Everton A)
Pablo Zabaleta, 1 (Liverpool H)
Adam Johnson, 1 (Bolton, H)
Martin Petrov, 1 (Scunthorpe A FAC4)
Vincent Kompany, 1 (Middlesbrough A FAC3)
Roque Santa Cruz, 1 (Scunthorpe H LC R4)
City's 1-1 throwaway against Hull City and the FA Cup exit at Stoke registered no winner.
VMC's Previous Man Of The Season:
2007-2008 Elano Blumer
2008-2009 Stephen Ireland
JOIN VITAL MANCHESTER CITY
Vital Manchester City was the fastest growing independent City Website of 2009 with a worldwide membership of over 2,100 Blues strong. Thank you for your support! Get on board both here and in our buzzing forums as City begin a two week break before our next missions to Sunderland and Fulham.
Date:Monday March 1 2010
The Ped Report Southampton 1-1 City (Sunday December 8 2013)
Stats: Southampton v Manchester City (Saturday December 7 2013)
The Saints versus The Citizens (Friday December 6 2013)
Fine Tuning The City Juggernaut (Friday December 6 2013)
The Ped Report West Brom 2-3 City (Thursday December 5 2013)
Stats: West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City (Wednesday December 4 2013)
VIDEO: Pellegrini Hails Kompany Return (Wednesday December 4 2013)
El Kun And The Hunt For Red December (Tuesday December 3 2013)
The Baggies versus The Citizens (Tuesday December 3 2013)
The Ped Report City 3-0 Swansea City (Monday December 2 2013)
|3.||Colin Is The King||139|
|4. Man City||15||9||2||4||26||29|
|Villa Team News + Fans Confident Of Points
» Aston Villa : 08/12/2013 13:26:00
|One Way Traffic?
» Chelsea : 08/12/2013 12:53:00
|Fulham v Villa - Starting XI`s
» Fulham : 08/12/2013 12:47:00
|The Thoughts of Sam - Liverpool (a)
» West Ham : 08/12/2013 12:41:00
|Downing Joins Injured List
» West Ham : 08/12/2013 12:35:00
|Wenger Wants TV Ethics Committee
» Arsenal : 08/12/2013 12:30:00
|No Sympathy for Nolan!
» West Ham : 08/12/2013 12:27:00