Date:Saturday May 20 2006
It's been a relatively quiet week on the transfer rumour front as fans wait expectantly for the much touted quality signings that City are poised to make - yer right !
The week has seen statements from the Chairman that substantial funds will be made available, which is good news if it happens. I think the main thing for the club is whatever money Psycho is given, is spent wisely and not frittered away on ageing players who see Manchester City as a sort of pension fund for the swan-song of their careers; there have been too many of those in recent years!
City's recent record in the transfer market hasn't been that good and arguably our most consistent new players are home grown, having come through our good academy system and there are still a few good ones in the pipeline.
Anyway, throughout the summer there will be countless rumours about comings and goings, most of which will be utter rubbish. Anyway, this week's major rumours are (in no particular order):
1) Paul Dickov: He's just been released by Rovers, but at 33 is this really what City need- our recent poll didn't want to see him back.
2) Thomas Graveson: Prefers a move to United reportedly. Not done much at Real Madrid and don't think he'd really want to play at Eastlands - feelings are probably mutual.
3) Mario Melchiot: Struggled at Birmingham and not a patch on the player he was at Chelsea. We'd be better off holding on to Sommeil.
4) Quinton Fortune: Fits the bill for being cheap, but only a fringe player when in Salford. I think we've probably had enough United rejects for now...next !
5) Juan-Pablo Angel: Vassell has been one of City's better buys, but his ex-colleague at Villa is a different kettle of fish entirely and his record in premiership is nothing special. Likely to be too expensive for what we'll get in return - no thankyou !
6) Izale McLeod - Who ??: Young MK Dons hotshot. Good record in lower league despite relegation this season. Could be one for the future, but would be big risk if a high fee paid. Much better lower league strikers around in my opinion.
7) Zoltan Gera: Quality player and would add class to our midfield, but has been prone to injury. If fully recovered would be a decent acquistion if the deal was reasonable.
8) Jiri Jarosik: Birmingham likely to offload him now that they're in Championship. Big, strong and skillful - could be a decent replacement for Barton if, as expected he leaves in summer.
Gera and Jarosik as a midfield partnership - now that has a bit of potential...maybe?
Kolarov Keen On Serie A Return (Monday March 30 2015)
Yaya To End International Career? (Monday March 30 2015)
Flashing The Cash! (Monday March 30 2015)
Milner Quitting For Liverpool? (Monday March 30 2015)
Manchester City Injury Table Almost Clear! (Friday March 27 2015)
1000 Premiership Goals Notched Up By City (Thursday March 26 2015)
Hart Set For England Milestone (Wednesday March 25 2015)
Shortlist Drawn Up! (Wednesday March 25 2015)
City Stars On International Duty (Tuesday March 24 2015)
Pellegrini Gets Lampard Backing (Tuesday March 24 2015)
|Man City||2||-||0||Leicester City|
|2. Man City||30||18||7||5||+34||61|
|4. Man Utd||30||17||8||5||+25||59|
|Bring It On Potters!
» Chelsea : 30/03/2015 17:41:01
|Kolarov Keen On Serie A Return
» Man City : 30/03/2015 16:16:00
|Yaya To End International Career?
» Man City : 30/03/2015 16:00:00
|Flashing The Cash!
» Man City : 30/03/2015 15:42:00
|Milner Quitting For Liverpool?
» Man City : 30/03/2015 15:26:00