Date:Saturday May 20 2006
It's been a relatively quiet week on the transfer rumour front as fans wait expectantly for the much touted quality signings that City are poised to make - yer right !
The week has seen statements from the Chairman that substantial funds will be made available, which is good news if it happens. I think the main thing for the club is whatever money Psycho is given, is spent wisely and not frittered away on ageing players who see Manchester City as a sort of pension fund for the swan-song of their careers; there have been too many of those in recent years!
City's recent record in the transfer market hasn't been that good and arguably our most consistent new players are home grown, having come through our good academy system and there are still a few good ones in the pipeline.
Anyway, throughout the summer there will be countless rumours about comings and goings, most of which will be utter rubbish. Anyway, this week's major rumours are (in no particular order):
1) Paul Dickov: He's just been released by Rovers, but at 33 is this really what City need- our recent poll didn't want to see him back.
2) Thomas Graveson: Prefers a move to United reportedly. Not done much at Real Madrid and don't think he'd really want to play at Eastlands - feelings are probably mutual.
3) Mario Melchiot: Struggled at Birmingham and not a patch on the player he was at Chelsea. We'd be better off holding on to Sommeil.
4) Quinton Fortune: Fits the bill for being cheap, but only a fringe player when in Salford. I think we've probably had enough United rejects for now...next !
5) Juan-Pablo Angel: Vassell has been one of City's better buys, but his ex-colleague at Villa is a different kettle of fish entirely and his record in premiership is nothing special. Likely to be too expensive for what we'll get in return - no thankyou !
6) Izale McLeod - Who ??: Young MK Dons hotshot. Good record in lower league despite relegation this season. Could be one for the future, but would be big risk if a high fee paid. Much better lower league strikers around in my opinion.
7) Zoltan Gera: Quality player and would add class to our midfield, but has been prone to injury. If fully recovered would be a decent acquistion if the deal was reasonable.
8) Jiri Jarosik: Birmingham likely to offload him now that they're in Championship. Big, strong and skillful - could be a decent replacement for Barton if, as expected he leaves in summer.
Gera and Jarosik as a midfield partnership - now that has a bit of potential...maybe?
Pellegrini Pleased With Liverpool Showing (Thursday July 31 2014)
City Lose To Liverpool On Penalties (Thursday July 31 2014)
Proving Your Point (Tuesday July 29 2014)
Jovetic Takes Chance To Impress (Monday July 28 2014)
The Pre-Season Ped Report City 5-1 AC Milan (Sunday July 27 2014)
City Not Feeling Charitable (Sunday July 27 2014)
City Win Meeting Of Champions (Thursday July 24 2014)
Negredo Undergoes Surgery (Wednesday July 23 2014)
U21 Game Cancelled - Club Statement (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Negredo Replacement Targeted (Wednesday July 23 2014)
|7. Hull City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10. Man City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|11. Man Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Albion Announce 2014-15 Squad Numbers
» WBA : 31/07/2014 18:13:00
|Bertrand Joins On Season Long Loan
» Southampton : 31/07/2014 18:02:00
|Pellegrini Pleased With Liverpool Showing
» Man City : 31/07/2014 17:47:00
|City Lose To Liverpool On Penalties
» Man City : 31/07/2014 17:42:00
|Good Winning Habit For Shakey
» Leicester City : 31/07/2014 17:28:00