Date:Monday March 22 2010
Here is Part 2, of my 4 Part Exclusive from the Fan's Forum on Thursday night. Attending the event was:
•Danny Wilson, Supporters Officer
•John Stemp, Chief Infrastructure Officer
The evening was hosted by Hugh Ferris from Key 103 radio station and was kicked-off with a signing session. After the signing and photos finished the questions from the fans began (continued):
9) Fan: 'Who's the better coach, Ferguson or Mancini?'
Carlos: 'Ferguson, no chance. Mancini is very good.'
10) Fan: 'This is a question for John, are there any plans to buy the stadium?'
John: 'At the moment, the stadium is owned as a free-hold. We have a 250 year lease on the stadium and to be honest, it's as good as owned as an asset. We are in a very fortunate position; we don't need to buy the stadium in order to develop and make changes.'
11) Fan: 'Carlos, as you'll be playing with Lionel Messi in the World Cup, would there be any chance that you could have a sly little word in his ear?'
Carlos: 'I'll try.'
12) A question from Carlos: 'John, when we (the players) arrive at the stadium on match-days, there is no contact with the fans. We drive straight down a ramp into the changing rooms. I would like to know what City have to say on this.'
John: 'This issue requires a delicate balance and it's the decision of the manager. It's about the right preparation for the players before a match. We have looked across 4 continents of the world to look at the facilities boasted by other great football clubs. This has been done so we can look how to make Manchester City better.'
13) Fan: 'Carlos, what was it like scoring two goals against United at Eastlands?"
Carlos: 'Well, playing in those matches give you a very special feeling inside. I was happy when I was at United. However, when I moved lots of things were said. It was suggested that I had moved for the money, this is not the truth. I came here to play for a big club with big ambitions. I am very happy here.' (mass applause)
14) Fan: 'Kolo, did what happened to the Togo team during the African Cup of Nations affect you?'
Kolo: 'It was really difficult. I saw Ade after the incident and we were both really shocked and really scared. We told the Ivory Coast Board of Football that we wanted to come back home as there were people out there with guns. It affected Ade a lot.'
15) Fan: 'Carlos, do you still think Gary Neville is a moron?'
Carlos: 'Yes I do!'
*** I will now publish the very exciting news on... (so look out for it in the next 30 minutes or so)
•The re-development plans for the stadium, and what infrastructure will already be in place that we (the fans) can look forward to next season.
Date:Monday March 22 2010
Give Chelsea No Quarter (Friday September 19 2014)
Team News: City v Chelsea (Friday September 19 2014)
Pellegrini - We Have To Perform (Friday September 19 2014)
Cousillas - We Can Still Top The Group (Thursday September 18 2014)
The Ped-into-Europe Report...FC Bayern 1-0 City (Wednesday September 17 2014)
Stats: Bayern Munich v Manchester City (Wednesday September 17 2014)
Pellegrini - It Should've Been Three Points (Monday September 15 2014)
Milner Linked With Arsenal Again (Monday September 15 2014)
The Ped Report....Arsenal 2-2 City (Sunday September 14 2014)
Stats: Arsenal v Manchester City (Saturday September 13 2014)
|2. Aston Villa||4||3||1||0||3||10|
|5. Man City||4||2||1||1||3||7|
|We Need To Manage Games Better
» Swansea : 19/09/2014 20:26:00
|Liverpool: Lawro Predicts 2014-15 - West Ham (A)
» Liverpool : 19/09/2014 18:33:00
|El Cashico - Manchester City vs Chelsea
» Chelsea : 19/09/2014 18:23:00
|One to Watch - Mame Biram Diouf
» Q.P.R. : 19/09/2014 18:09:00
|Give Chelsea No Quarter
» Man City : 19/09/2014 17:48:00