Date:Monday March 22 2010
Here is Part 2, of my 4 Part Exclusive from the Fan's Forum on Thursday night. Attending the event was:
•Danny Wilson, Supporters Officer
•John Stemp, Chief Infrastructure Officer
The evening was hosted by Hugh Ferris from Key 103 radio station and was kicked-off with a signing session. After the signing and photos finished the questions from the fans began (continued):
9) Fan: 'Who's the better coach, Ferguson or Mancini?'
Carlos: 'Ferguson, no chance. Mancini is very good.'
10) Fan: 'This is a question for John, are there any plans to buy the stadium?'
John: 'At the moment, the stadium is owned as a free-hold. We have a 250 year lease on the stadium and to be honest, it's as good as owned as an asset. We are in a very fortunate position; we don't need to buy the stadium in order to develop and make changes.'
11) Fan: 'Carlos, as you'll be playing with Lionel Messi in the World Cup, would there be any chance that you could have a sly little word in his ear?'
Carlos: 'I'll try.'
12) A question from Carlos: 'John, when we (the players) arrive at the stadium on match-days, there is no contact with the fans. We drive straight down a ramp into the changing rooms. I would like to know what City have to say on this.'
John: 'This issue requires a delicate balance and it's the decision of the manager. It's about the right preparation for the players before a match. We have looked across 4 continents of the world to look at the facilities boasted by other great football clubs. This has been done so we can look how to make Manchester City better.'
13) Fan: 'Carlos, what was it like scoring two goals against United at Eastlands?"
Carlos: 'Well, playing in those matches give you a very special feeling inside. I was happy when I was at United. However, when I moved lots of things were said. It was suggested that I had moved for the money, this is not the truth. I came here to play for a big club with big ambitions. I am very happy here.' (mass applause)
14) Fan: 'Kolo, did what happened to the Togo team during the African Cup of Nations affect you?'
Kolo: 'It was really difficult. I saw Ade after the incident and we were both really shocked and really scared. We told the Ivory Coast Board of Football that we wanted to come back home as there were people out there with guns. It affected Ade a lot.'
15) Fan: 'Carlos, do you still think Gary Neville is a moron?'
Carlos: 'Yes I do!'
*** I will now publish the very exciting news on... (so look out for it in the next 30 minutes or so)
•The re-development plans for the stadium, and what infrastructure will already be in place that we (the fans) can look forward to next season.
Date:Monday March 22 2010
Pellegrini Confident On Attacking Options (Friday September 4 2015)
CL Opposition Squads Known (Friday September 4 2015)
The Manchester City Injury Table.. (Friday September 4 2015)
City Announce 2015-16 Premier League Squad (Thursday September 3 2015)
Pellegrini - International Break Suits Us (Wednesday September 2 2015)
City Announce CL Squad (Wednesday September 2 2015)
Pozo Returns To Spain (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Denayer Heads To Turkey (Monday August 31 2015)
Duo In Team Of The Week (Monday August 31 2015)
Deadline Day Tomorrow (Monday August 31 2015)
|8.||Colin Is The King||7|
|1. Man City||4||4||0||0||+10||12|
|2. Crystal Palace||4||3||0||1||+3||9|
|3. Leicester City||4||2||2||0||+3||8|
|5. Man Utd||4||2||1||1||+1||7|
|Philosophy or Foolosophy?
» Spurs : 05/09/2015 17:00:01
|Money can't buy you love!
» Spurs : 05/09/2015 16:11:00
|Join the Vital Everton team!
» Everton : 05/09/2015 12:00:01
|Canary International Round-Up
» Norwich : 05/09/2015 08:37:01
|Williams Wins Man of the Match vs Manchester United
» Swansea : 04/09/2015 20:37:00