Date:Thursday April 29 2010
Vital Villa's "The Fear" - Jonathan, has taken some time out his busy schedule to face the VMC question and answer session ahead of Saturday's crucial game:
1) Only a week ago, Villa weren't even being considered as possible fourth place finishers. However, they've hit form at exactly the right time with wins over Hull City and your city-rivals Birmingham. Where's this form come from?
The press and pundits rarely mention Villa anyway to be fair but in this case, with a few disappointing draws pushing us seemingly out of the race, maybe the pressure went off the players and they were able to re-focus. Where did the form come from? Well, in all seriousness, we should be beating the likes of Hull, Portsmouth and Blues. That isn't meant to be arrogant and we rode our luck in all the games at times, just a fact, we have spent a lot, have some top players and shouldn't be dropping points. The draws v Wolves and Stoke might be what has put pay to finishing 4th but hey, we are still in the race and even 5th would be an improvement.
2) City legend Richard Dunne moved to Villa Park in the summer after being told that he was surplus to requirements by Garry Cook. How's he been this season and has he made many of his trade mark cock-up's?
He's been solid as a rock. There was a 'moment' v Blues between Dunne and Friedel, but apart from that he's not let us down and him with Collins in the centre have been great for us as long as we ignore the freak game v Chelsea where every player was to blame.
3) James Milner was named as the PFA Young Player of the Year earlier this week after an outstanding season that has seen his name linked to the likes of City and United. How key has he been to your success this campaign and do you think you'll be able to keep hold of him this summer?
He has been everything I expected him to be. He is a rock solid player, looks great in the centre and has booked his place on the plane to the World Cup for sure. Can we keep him? Well, we didn't let Barry go until we were good and ready. Thing is, if Manchester United come calling, it can be tough to keep a player because no matter how much we all hate saying it, they are the best. As for City, lot of time for the fans as much like us Lions, you've been with the club through all the ups and lets face it, downs! However the obscene money being pumped in will ruin the game so if you lot come calling with mad money, I don't know if we will be able to keep hold of him. Personally I'd say £50million or sod off. But that is me! lol As said, that isn't a rant against the very good support but I do think Man City could well now prove to be the final nail in the coffin of the Premiership. Chelsea distorted it, the Champions League have bastardised the pecking order and now your owners are going to spend immoral amounts.
4) Apart from Milner, who's been your other shining light this season?
I'm not telling you buggers, you'll try to buy them! (Ashley Young and our central defenders)
5) We've both failed to win any silverware this season, with you guys losing to Baconface's lot in the Carling Cup final and City failing to capitalize on a 2-1 lead at The Swamp in the semi's. But on the whole, we've both enjoyed successful seasons. However, what's been your most enjoyable moment as a Villan this season?
Every moment as a Villa fan is a joy. (Sick buckets?!) I honestly just adore being a Villa fan, loved the trips to Wembley if not the results and just thank the good Lord Paul McGrath every day I'm claret and blue.
6) With Villa currently one point ahead of City in the League having played an extra game, who do you think is going to finish in that coveted fourth position and why?
My mind changes with every passing minute. My heart says us but with games in hands for you and the Spuds, that will take some doing. All we need to do is beat you and Blackburn to guarantee 5th though. Honestly, no idea, I have a sneaking feeling the Spuds might do it but with you both still having to play, it is too close to call. For the sake of all things football, I hope you guys don't do it, just purely because it might slow down the ridiculous spending as you'll not be able to attract certain players without Champions League. Funny game where finishing 4th is success now isn't it?
7) Who is City's dangerman? And if you could have any player from the City team that isn't Carlos Tevez who would it be and why?
I'd take Tevez... DOH, you have blocked that one. Stephen Ireland, I think he looks a top prospect. Bellend and Tevez are the dangers.
8) And so your match prediction?
A Villa win, in off the arse of Gareth Barry in the 5th minute of injury time.
*Cheers again to Jonathan for some great answers.
Date:Thursday April 29 2010
City Start FA Cup Campaign At Blackburn (Sunday December 8 2013)
The Ped Report Southampton 1-1 City (Sunday December 8 2013)
Stats: Southampton v Manchester City (Saturday December 7 2013)
The Saints versus The Citizens (Friday December 6 2013)
Fine Tuning The City Juggernaut (Friday December 6 2013)
The Ped Report West Brom 2-3 City (Thursday December 5 2013)
Stats: West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City (Wednesday December 4 2013)
VIDEO: Pellegrini Hails Kompany Return (Wednesday December 4 2013)
El Kun And The Hunt For Red December (Tuesday December 3 2013)
The Baggies versus The Citizens (Tuesday December 3 2013)
|3.||Colin Is The King||139|
|4. Man City||15||9||2||4||26||29|
» Spurs : 09/12/2013 09:17:00
» Everton : 09/12/2013 09:15:00
|Vital Report: Liverpool 4-1 West Ham United
» Liverpool : 09/12/2013 09:12:00
|5 Things We Learned This Weekend
» Arsenal : 09/12/2013 08:44:00
|Its Arsenal in the Cup!
» Spurs : 09/12/2013 08:22:00
|'Drop Cannot Be Beaten Like This' says Poyet
» Sunderland : 09/12/2013 02:05:00
|Poyet: 'You can't play that way against Tottenham'
» Sunderland : 09/12/2013 01:41:00