Date:Sunday May 28 2006
First of all a big welcome to Joe Hart, the U19 England keeper who joined this week from Shrewsbury.
Now for the rumours
1) 'Jimmy' Traore - Finds himself down in pecking order at Anfield. Nothing spectacular and City could and should do better...sorry Jimmy, but no thanks
2) Ousmane Dabo (Lazio) - Allegedly turned down a new six year contract to play in the Premiership instead. Reported to favour joining City as 'they are ambitious' - does he really mean us ??
Decent enough player, but not sure if he's the right fit for the club and approaching 30, his best years probably already behind him. He'll probably expect big wages, so I'm not sure about this one.
3) Jonathan Fortune: Apparently we're battling it out with Middlesbrough and Bolton to land the 25-year-old Charlton defender on a free transfer - now that's more like it !
I wonder if he's being confused with Quinton ..... no relation! :-)
4) Gabri : Barcelonas' utility player looks to be leaving Barca after 7 years but is reported to favour staying in La Liga despite being linked with City, Spurs and West Ham United. Doesn't look likely.
5) Joleon Lescott : Wolves are looking for at least £5 million before considering offers for the centre-half.
Decent enough player but overpriced @ £5m plus. Think we're probably well covered in the middle at the back unless Distin goes and Chelsea come back for Richards.
1) Danny Mills: ..... enough said !
2) Micah Richards: Chelsea reported to be lining up a bid. That'll be the end of his career !
3) Kaspar Schmeichel: Bury manager Chris Casper claims he would 'swim the channel' to bring Kasper back to Gigg Lane after a successful loan spell. With the arrival of Joe Hart, Casper better get greased up in preparation.
4) Joey Barton: Reported to have recently incurred the wrath of Pearce by turning up late for end of season meeting. If true, perhaps that's one too may misdemeanours for City to take.
The Ped INTO Europe Report CSKA 2-2 City (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Pellegrini Denies We Are Now Outsiders (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Team News: CSKA Moscow v City (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Pellegrini Praises Our Mozart (Sunday October 19 2014)
The Ped Report....City 4-1 Spurs (Sunday October 19 2014)
Stats: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur (Saturday October 18 2014)
Team News: City v Tottenham Hotspur (Friday October 17 2014)
Spurs Will Be A Different Beast - Pellegrini (Friday October 17 2014)
Looking For A Certain Goal Ratio (Thursday October 16 2014)
More Milner Murmurings (Thursday October 16 2014)
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|Hull City||2||-||4||Man City|
|2. Man City||8||5||2||1||+10||17|
|4. West Ham||8||4||1||3||+4||13|
|6. Man Utd||8||3||3||2||+3||12|
» Chelsea : 22/10/2014 22:23:00
» Liverpool : 22/10/2014 21:51:00
|Fernandez: I Hope To Be Here For a Long Time
» Swansea : 22/10/2014 21:11:00
|Poll: Referee Got Stoke Penalty Decision Wrong
» Swansea : 22/10/2014 20:44:00
|Team News: Anderlecht vs Arsenal
» Arsenal : 22/10/2014 19:34:00