Date:Sunday May 28 2006
First of all a big welcome to Joe Hart, the U19 England keeper who joined this week from Shrewsbury.
Now for the rumours
1) 'Jimmy' Traore - Finds himself down in pecking order at Anfield. Nothing spectacular and City could and should do better...sorry Jimmy, but no thanks
2) Ousmane Dabo (Lazio) - Allegedly turned down a new six year contract to play in the Premiership instead. Reported to favour joining City as 'they are ambitious' - does he really mean us ??
Decent enough player, but not sure if he's the right fit for the club and approaching 30, his best years probably already behind him. He'll probably expect big wages, so I'm not sure about this one.
3) Jonathan Fortune: Apparently we're battling it out with Middlesbrough and Bolton to land the 25-year-old Charlton defender on a free transfer - now that's more like it !
I wonder if he's being confused with Quinton ..... no relation! :-)
4) Gabri : Barcelonas' utility player looks to be leaving Barca after 7 years but is reported to favour staying in La Liga despite being linked with City, Spurs and West Ham United. Doesn't look likely.
5) Joleon Lescott : Wolves are looking for at least £5 million before considering offers for the centre-half.
Decent enough player but overpriced @ £5m plus. Think we're probably well covered in the middle at the back unless Distin goes and Chelsea come back for Richards.
1) Danny Mills: ..... enough said !
2) Micah Richards: Chelsea reported to be lining up a bid. That'll be the end of his career !
3) Kaspar Schmeichel: Bury manager Chris Casper claims he would 'swim the channel' to bring Kasper back to Gigg Lane after a successful loan spell. With the arrival of Joe Hart, Casper better get greased up in preparation.
4) Joey Barton: Reported to have recently incurred the wrath of Pearce by turning up late for end of season meeting. If true, perhaps that's one too may misdemeanours for City to take.
Players Respond To Newcastle Loss (Thursday October 30 2014)
Harsh Rodney Marsh (Thursday October 30 2014)
Pellegrini - Same Failures Cost Us (Thursday October 30 2014)
The Ped Report..City 0-2 Newcastle United (Thursday October 30 2014)
Silver Lining (Thursday October 30 2014)
Boss Hopeful On Duo (Thursday October 30 2014)
Yaya Recognised (Thursday October 30 2014)
Stats: Man City v Newcastle (Wednesday October 29 2014)
The Great Dane - City Are Bigger (Wednesday October 29 2014)
Team News: City v Newcastle United (Wednesday October 29 2014)
|West Ham||2||-||1||Man City|
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|Hull City||2||-||4||Man City|
|3. Man City||9||5||2||2||+9||17|
|4. West Ham||9||5||1||3||+5||16|
|Line Ups & Updates: Everton vs Swansea City
» Swansea : 01/11/2014 13:36:00
|Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur.
» Spurs : 01/11/2014 12:53:00
|Liverpool: Newcastle vs. LFC Team News
» Liverpool : 01/11/2014 11:49:00
|Match Day Moments - QPR (h)
» Chelsea : 01/11/2014 09:24:00
|Lawro v Mystic Mug - Villa v Spurs
» Aston Villa : 01/11/2014 08:44:00