Writer: Johnny Baguette
Date:Sunday May 6 2012
Manchester City are in Newcastle. The aim to make it five consecutive league wins in the quest for the Premier League title. VMC caught up with Ken of Talk of The Tyne...
1. Here comes another massive do or die clash! Champions League chasing 5th placed Newcastle and title chasing league leaders City prepare to go head to head on Tyneside in a potential berserker of a humdinger.
Let's get one thing out of the road. Is it the Sports Direct Arena OR St James' Park we should be referring to? Secondly, what's the vibe amongst the Toon Army under Alan Pardew's shrewd leadership? Er, can I just take the opportunity to say how much we all like Newcastle...? (fingers crossed behind back..)
'Well, hello there, fancy seeing you lot up here and desperately needing a win ha-ha, it's St James' Park by the way, always will be, check the Olympic site out, they say so and that'll do for us.
Pardew has done great. Cool, calm and nice glasses, respect where it's due no? As far as you lot liking us, bollocks!!! And that reciprocated but only marginally less so than the red side...'
2. Against all previous odds, would everything be forgiven for Mike Ashley when The Magpies reach Europe next week, be it the Champions or Europa League?
'No, Ashley has made fundamental mistakes at Newcastle, that said he has put systems in place that are seemingly very effective. We've learnt though, there's always the next kick in the teeth from big Mike. He's certainly in better relations with the fans than in the beginning. Next season will tell, will we build on this season's surprise package or will we settle for a big pay day and repay Mike? Let's see...'
3. Head to Head. Man City versus Stretford United. Newcastle's hatred of the rags under Kevin Keegan's passionate management needs no introduction. As a Geordie Spokesman, which of the two Manchester clubs would you and your faithful prefer to see crowned Champions of England?
'City, I wish you luck and it's a shame we have to meet right at this point! Man Utd's superiority complex needs to be quashed, and when Fergie goes, personally I think they'll slide! For the record, we fecking hate man u!'
4. 'Shot by both sides:' The Dangermen. Who should City be paying closest attention to on Sunday?
'Obviously Cisse, don't dismiss Ba though. Get into Tiote and that's probably where you need to win the game. Krul is great and I'm expecting a second half onslaught from you...Ben Arfa needs to work hard as an outlet and Cabaye, too.'
5. 'Referees. Taggart accolyte Agent Webb of Salford is taking charge for our big game and Agent Foy of Stretford will be favouring united at the swamp against Swansea. City have been on the receiving end of some appalling refereeing decisions this season. We are not alone. Do you agree that the whole concept of how games are arbitrated and furthermore how the game is governed in England needs a radical overhaul?'
'Too many discrepancies in refereeing and the consistency has got worse over the last 2 seasons. Overhaul maybe, not sure goal line technology as they call it will be the solution. Surely the beautiful game doesn't need that extremity? Oh, and your lot dive like a lesbian in an all girl swimming pool.'
6. Having helped fuel the break up of the erstwhile 'Sky Big Four' and gone a long way towards realising the most exciting end to a Premier League season in years, are The Citizens guilty of 'ruining football,' one of the more hysterical charges levelled at the Manchester club since 2008?
'Chelsea got all that didn't they? fecking good luck, if Sheik Derek of Israel ploughed money into NUFC we wouldn't complain, it4s how you build from now.'3
7. And so to battle. Your match prediction?
'I think you will win, you need to. But, I never thought we would be as good (on our game) as we are. We are very capable of turning you over...
...Changing my mind. We'll beat you! Pressure's to much for your superstars - your going down muddafucka!!!
Have a good day y'all!'
Many thanks to Ken at Talk of The Tyne. May the best team in Sky Blue win!
Click Here to Follow City at Newcastle in The VMC Forum TODAY!
all times East Manchester
Su 6 May 13:30 Newcastle, St James' Park, PL
Su 13 May 15:00 QPR, The Etihad, PL
Date:Sunday May 6 2012
Fofana Heads To France (Wednesday July 29 2015)
EDS Lads Did Their Bit! (Wednesday July 29 2015)
Exciting Season Ahead (Tuesday July 28 2015)
Hart Up For UEFA Award (Monday July 27 2015)
Pellegrini Confirms Jovetic Exit (Monday July 27 2015)
Friendly - Vietnam 1-8 City (Monday July 27 2015)
Pellegrini Reacts After MORE Guardiola Talk (Monday July 27 2015)
Delph Left Behind (Monday July 27 2015)
Jovetic Almost Done (Monday July 27 2015)
Pellegrini Talks Transfers (Saturday July 25 2015)
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|9. Man City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10. Man Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Liverpool: Firm Interest In Balotelli?
» Liverpool : 30/07/2015 09:05:00
|Real Madrid Renew Interest in De Gea
» Man Utd : 30/07/2015 08:53:00
|Ramos Deal Officially Dead in the Water!
» Man Utd : 30/07/2015 08:52:00
|Cahill Will Play in Community Shield
» Chelsea : 30/07/2015 08:50:01
|Chelsea Have a Rival for Stones!
» Chelsea : 30/07/2015 08:49:00