Skoorb Meets The Canaries
Ahead of today's important clash in East Anglia, VMC's Skoorb caught up with Vital Norwich's Ian Wilson for the Canary point of view...
1. What brought you to support Norwich?
'I grew up in north Norfolk so they were my local team and I went with my dad when I was 7. Most of my mates were Liverpool or Arsenal fans, but I liked the down to earth nature of the club back then, and we were doing quite well in the old First Division. Although I seem to remember Man City were our bogey team of that era.'
2. Who is your favourite player of all time from your club and why?
'Tricky one - Bryan Gunn was my favourite player as a kid - he was a real leader and had a lot of charisma. Jerry Goss has iconic status because of his European season expolits, but my all time favourite player to watch and because of his unswerving loyalty has to be Darren Huckerby. They don't make many players like him - turned down more money to leave the club on a number of occasions and also pledged never to play against Norwich City. A true legend amongst legends.'
3. Javier Garido scored a screaming volley for Man City (vs Leeds Utd in the FA Cup) when he played for us under Sven Goran Eriksson & it remains one of my favourite goals. Do you think he's a good addition to your team & would you like to see his loan being made permanent?
'Garrido has done just great. He's solid and reliable and the fans have taken to him. He's only had one bad game all season (Liverpool) which is all you can ask. Yes, it would be great if he did join but I fear his wages may be prohibitive (unless he does a 'Hucks').'
4. If there was one player in the your club's squad that you would want to keep above all others who would it be and why?
'Bassong. If we lost Bassong I would fear for us as he has helped solidfy us but is also a goal threat - and that adds up to a very valuable centre back.'
5. If you could take one player from the Manchester City squad who would it be and why?
'Sergio Aguero. He such a fantastic goalscorer and natural finisher that if we had him I believe we could test the top 6 places. Having said that he's not been as good this season (yet).'
6. If you could change one thing in the history of Norwich City what would it be?
'I could say that if we had bought a striker (Dean Ashton) earlier in 2004/05 we would have stayed up, but then we wouldn't have had the run we've had over the last 3 seasons. The one thing I'd change is that we would get through at least one of our 2 FA Cup semi-finals we had in our recent history. To lose 2 semis was tragic.'
7. Are we likely to see a repeat performance by Delia of her famous 'Let's be having you' speech from the 2005 match at Carrow Road?
'Haha - I remember the incident well and remember thinking it was a very odd thing to do. But Delia was right, that was a key game and losing it effectively cost us our survival when all was said and done. She won't do that again but as far as I'm concerned, she can do what she wants - she ploughed so much of her fortune into the club. I think some take her for granted.'
8. Who do you think will score the first goal & what do you predict the score will be on Saturday?
'If we score first, you're in trouble. I'm going to say Pilks with an early goal and then Bassong adds to it near the end. 2-0. Good luck!'
Very many thanks and respect going out to Ian and the Vital Norwich team.
VITAL NORWICH LINK: MAN CITY Q&A
CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW CITY AT NORWICH LIVE IN THE VMC FORUM
all times East Manchester
TODAY 15h00 Norwich, Carrow Road, PL
Tu 01Jan 15h00 Stoke, The Etihad, PL
Sa 05 Jan 15h00 Watford, The Etihad, FAC
Su 13Jan 16h00 Arsenal, The Emirates, PL
Sa 19Jan 15h00 Fulham, The Etihad, PL
Tu 29Jan 19h45 QPR, Loftus Road
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.