Date:Thursday February 7 2013
In the lastest of this season's series, VMC's intrepid Skoorb heads out into enemy territory for an exchange of views with the opposition. Southampton, YOU are next...
Vital Saints SFC Forever takes the hot-seat...
1. Who is your favourite Southampton player of all time and why?
'This is difficult, Ron Davies, Terry Paine, Mick Channon, MLT. The first favourite was Ron Davies for his power in the air. Paine for his skill on the right wing and then as a midfield player. Mick Channon I think would be my first choice though even if he did leave us for a couple of years.'
2. What brought you to follow Southampton?
'Born 1946 near bottom of the Avenue which was less than a mile from the 'Dell'.'
3. Is there anything you miss about The Dell?
'The atmosphere was much better with the crowd being much closer to the pitch.'
4. What is the general feeling amongst Saints fans about the recent managerial change with sacking of Nigel Adkins and replacement by Mauricio Pochettino?
'Surprise, then disbelief, then grudging acceptance and now a feeling that yet again our chairman has pulled a master stroke. Though the latter will have to be proven. Overall though a feeling of sadness that we didn't get to hear any thanks to Nigel for the work he did for us.'
5. If there was one player in the your club's squad that you would want to keep above all others who would it be and why?
'Luke Shaw. Only 17 years old but he is going to be as good as Gareth Bale if not better.'
6. If you could pick one player from the Manchester City squad who would it be and why?
'Yaya Toure has to be my pick. His power would be a massive boost for our team and his goals a bonus.'
The Time Machine - If you could go back in time and change anything in Southampton FC's past what would it be?
'I would change the date that Ron Davies was born. That way he could play now and we would see his unbelievable power in the air all over again.'
7. The cruise ship you are on is sinking but you have made it onto a lifeboat. You can take one more person in the boat without risking it tipping over. Two other survivors swim up to the lifeboat desperate to be saved. One is wearing a Portsmouth shirt the other is Sir Alex Ferguson. Who gets to be saved?
'I would offer the Pompey shirt wearer the offer of wearing a Saints kit and having our badge tattooed on his chest, for his life. Alex would be told to wear the Pompey shirt and then hand over his wallet which had his bank details and card in it. Then he would be left behind.'
8. Who do you think will score first at St Mary's?
'Man City through Sergio Aguero.'
Very many thanks and respect to SFC Forever and the team at Vital Saints.
all times East Manchester
Sa 09Feb 17h30 Southampton, St Mary's, PL
Su 17Feb 14h00 Leeds United, The Etihad, FAC5
Su 24Feb 13h30 Chelsea, The Etihad, PL
Mo 04Mar 20h00 Aston Villa, Villa Park, PL
Sa 09Mar 15h00 Wigan, The Etihad, PL
Sa 16Mar 12h45 Everton, Goodison Park, PL
Sa 30Mar 15h00 Newcastle, The Etihad, PL
Date:Thursday February 7 2013
Players Respond To Newcastle Loss (Thursday October 30 2014)
Harsh Rodney Marsh (Thursday October 30 2014)
Pellegrini - Same Failures Cost Us (Thursday October 30 2014)
The Ped Report..City 0-2 Newcastle United (Thursday October 30 2014)
Silver Lining (Thursday October 30 2014)
Boss Hopeful On Duo (Thursday October 30 2014)
Yaya Recognised (Thursday October 30 2014)
Stats: Man City v Newcastle (Wednesday October 29 2014)
The Great Dane - City Are Bigger (Wednesday October 29 2014)
Team News: City v Newcastle United (Wednesday October 29 2014)
|West Ham||2||-||1||Man City|
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|Hull City||2||-||4||Man City|
|3. Man City||9||5||2||2||+9||17|
|4. West Ham||9||5||1||3||+5||16|
|Swansea Hopeful Sigurdsson & Ki Will Return
» Swansea : 30/10/2014 20:52:00
|Swansea City Have Fernandez Red Card Rescinded
» Swansea : 30/10/2014 20:44:00
|Irvine Expecting Tough Leicester Encounter
» WBA : 30/10/2014 17:12:00
|Varela Resumes Full Training
» WBA : 30/10/2014 17:07:00
|Koeman Delighted With Second Stoke Win
» Southampton : 30/10/2014 16:55:00