Manchester City Forum - Football: 'Played by morons, watched by cretins'
Vital Football

Latest Manchester City News

Welcome to the Man City Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Not to brag but I don't even need alcohol to make really bad decisions.
- (Added by: Tudor)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Your Favourite Goal from the easy win at Leicester?
Suggested By: Shaun Gloater
Jesus (45')20%
De Bruyne (49')60%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Buzz Lightyear370
2.Johnny Baguette205
3.Skoorb174
4.Rising142
5.Colin Is The King108
6.johnkelv83
7.Bluedub74
8.BamaEngineer42
9.OziMan33
10.kennyclementstache32
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Football: 'Played by morons, watched by cretins'
05 February 2016 11:51 Post ID: #565604
Broadcast on R5L Friday morning after Liverpool announced that the most expensive non-corporate ticket in the main stand will increase to £77 next season......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hltjj

Discuss....
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 February 2016 14:47 Post ID: #565614 - in reply to #565604
The game is run by spivs, chancers and gangsters, it’s played by morons and it’s watched by cretins...

I don't think I can beat that :no: :rolly:
Like post
Like this post
05 February 2016 15:06 Post ID: #565616 - in reply to #565614
Vital MC Hall Of Fame
The plan is to stage a walk out, I heard, at the 77th minute of the next game. Do you suppose they'll actually do it, or will they stick around to see another 0-0 scoreline?
Like post
Like this post
05 February 2016 15:58 Post ID: #565624 - in reply to #565616
PhillyBlueMoon - 5/2/2016 15:06

The plan is to stage a walk out, I heard, at the 77th minute of the next game. Do you suppose they'll actually do it, or will they stick around to see another 0-0 scoreline?

It's all talk Philly. No one will go anywhere except after the game when they go for a pint :beer:
Like post
Like this post
05 February 2016 19:57 Post ID: #565656 - in reply to #565604
Vital MC Hall Of Fame
Let this be a salient lesson to fans of clubs with American owners.

The Yanks are in the PL to make a profit, nothing more, nothing less. They're not into the whole "investment" thing like our owners, that is not the American corporate mentality.

Our owners had a plan to shell out a huge initial investment on the assumption that it would pay dividends - which it most certainly has, and although profitability is not their main concern, they have achieved it quite satisfactorily.

Yanks on the other hand expect instant returns on their investment for minimum input. Whilst the likes of the Scousers, Rags, and lately Arsenal have realised that they won't make money if they can't keep up with us (and possibly Chelsea, although their club truly IS an Abramovitch vanity project), they still seem more intent on taking as much money out of their respective clubs as they put in. Other owners, such as Ellis Short and Randy Lerner have been incredibly reluctant to invest their own cash and it shows in Sunderland and Villa's league position. They have effectively killed the golden goose, and the owners of Arsenal, Rags and Scousers are slowly doing the same.

Long may it continue is all I can say, and the longer it goes on, the stronger we will get relative to everyone else. I can foresee a time not too far in the future where the dominant teams in the PL are Cty, Spurs with the usual suspects of Arsenal and Chelsea doing just enough to drag themselves along to the Cl places every season.

The best thing is, the longer the Yank owners continue the slow suffocation of their clubs, the longer we have to emerge as the biggest and most successful club. many rag fans dream of some type of "White knight" owner who will come along and invest heavily in the club. However, even if that does happen, current FFP regulations will hamper their spending, although if the rags did manage to find a rich benefactor, you can guarantee the rules would be changed pretty damn quick!

Nope, the current situation vis a vis owners and FFP plays right into our hand, and I doubt very much if our owners didn't consider this possibility.
Like post
Like this post
06 February 2016 08:19 Post ID: #565679 - in reply to #565656
Sums things up nicely fifth. I doubt very much whether the supporters and promoters of FFP in our league, in an attempt to pull up the drawbridge after themselves, anticipated that City's owners would stay the course. They have been proved wrong and I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that an icy ball of fear will be slowly forming in the pits of their stomachs as they face reality.....

In the meantime there are certainly some morons and cretins involved in football (you only have to go to a Millwall match for example) but there are also many, many good people who go along to watch or participate in discussion boards about their clubs :yup:
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: