Manchester City Forum - MLS - tougher mentality?
Vital Football

Latest Manchester City News

Welcome to the Man City Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I just finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: on the left side there is nothing right and on the right side, there is nothing left.
- (Added by: Tudor)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How many goals, if any will City score against Feyenoord?
Suggested By: Tudor
Five or more23%
Four33%
Three0%
Two22%
One0%
City won't score22%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Buzz Lightyear401
2.Johnny Baguette209
3.Skoorb189
4.Rising163
5.Colin Is The King125
6.johnkelv92
7.Bluedub91
8.BamaEngineer53
9.OziMan41
10.kennyclementstache35
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
MLS - tougher mentality?
02 April 2017 07:50 Post ID: #597718
Watching NYCFC v San Jose (a 2-1 win for the sister club btw) I was struck by a couple of things about how the players behaved......

There were some incidents & challenges which resulted in players getting knocks but I did not witness any of the at times theatrical role play we see so often in the PL. There was one occasion where an NYCFC defender got a boot to the head as he went to win a Pirlo corner. It probably should have been a penalty for a high boot and he got a fair whack on the bounce but he didn't roll around as if fatally wounded, he got up, rubbed his head and went off to get treatment. Well done

This was not the only occasion where tackles were made, firm but fair, fouls were awarded but the player that got caught did not make a meal of it. No fuss, they just got on with the game.

Are they made of tougher stuff in the MLS or is there a different mentality towards the dislike of 'play acting' within the US crowds/culture I wonder?

Either way it seemed to me that the game was played far more in the spirit of sporting behaviour with less trying to fool the officials and it was for better for it.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
02 April 2017 23:31 Post ID: #597945 - in reply to #597718
Chief Forum Editor
I watched them a lot last season and they needed big changes, they are still way off being a great team but compared with last season they have improved immensely, but the will miss Villa when he retires and they need to discover a natural finisher, but i think the transfer window is different over there.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: