Manchester City Forum - VAR - yes or no?
Vital Football

Latest Manchester City News

Welcome to the Man City Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Lazy is such an ugly word. I prefer to call it selective participation.
- (Added by: Tudor)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Your Favourite Goal From The Cup Final Win?
Suggested By: Shaun Gloater
Ag├╝ero (18')51%
Kompany (58')33%
Silva (65')16%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Johnny Baguette430
2.Buzz Lightyear342
3.Colin Is The King269
4.Skoorb268
5.OziMan216
6.Rising206
7.kennyclementstache146
8.Tudor145
9.johnkelv116
10.BamaEngineer94
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
VAR - yes or no?
VAR - yes or no?
OptionResults
Stick with it - early days yet7 Votes - [100%]
Ditch it - waste of time0 Votes - [0%]

07 February 2018 09:15 Post ID: #618512 - in reply to #617376
I still cannot fathom the instruction not to blow the full time whistle until the ball is in a 'non-controversial' part of the pitch.....i.e. near to heading towards the halfway line.

The clock doesn't stop when the ball goes out for a throw or corner but how many times has the added time been up when a corner remains to be taken BUT the referee STILL allows it to go ahead and ONLY blows for full time once it has been taken and there is no danger of a goal being scored? The ball does not have to be in play for the final whistle to be blown but it is as if the side taking the corner get a 'free hit'.

For me this absolutely undermines the idea that the officials do not manipulate time within a game. If the ball is out of play for a corner when the added time is over.......blow the whistle.

The infamous 7 out of 4 minutes you refer to Buzz was allegedly extended because of the time Atkinson added on for the celebrations after Bellamy's equaliser. BUT he did NOT similarly add on additional minutes for the celebrations after Tiny Tim Owen scored for the rags. Oh no. If I recall the whistle was blown pretty much as soon as City kicked off. Funny that.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
09 February 2018 14:39 Post ID: #618578 - in reply to #617376
Vital MC Hall Of Fame
I imagine there is leeway in that when the 4th Official signifies 3 minutes or whatever it is a case of rounding up - it isn't an exact science otherwise they'd be signifying 3 minutes 18 seconds for instance. There is enough stress in the game without another Jack Taylor incident; disallowing a Brazil goal because they'd fanny'd around so long taking a corner he blew for time whilst it was in the air but before it hit the back of the net. 1974 World Cup against Sweden, although I could be wrong.

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum:
Manchester City Fixtures  >>